CrowdStrike started with a mission to revolutionize the entire approach companies take to security. CrowdStrike has disrupted the multi-billion dollar endpoint security market with innovative technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering. Our groundbreaking technology ensures that organizations can not only defend themselves but also do so in an efficient and future-proof manner. Today, the company continues to drive major innovations around AI/machine learning, behavioral-based prevention and detection, etc.to stay ahead of adversaries. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
- October 2017: 100 Best Medium Workplaces for 2017 by Fortune magazine.
About the Role:
The CrowdStrike Data Science Team is seeking a motivated professional with technical skills to analyze malware. The team is focused on improving the detection capability and efficiency for the Falcon platform through employing Machine Learning algorithms to detect different types of attacks.
The Threat Researcher is responsible for reviewing and fine-tuning detections within our platform, so that we can provide high quality and high fidelity detections to our customers. Additionally, the analyst will aid in our continuous efforts in improving our Machine Learning algorithms, by reviewing their outputs and advising data scientists with security knowledge.
- Analyze files and behavioral activity to determine if they are legitimate or malicious.
- Reverse engineer, write code and help data scientists better understand the data, in order to improve our Machine Learning algorithms
- Develop tools to assist with automation of analysis tasks using Python
What we need:
- Sound understanding of current and emerging threats and ability to demonstrate practical knowledge of security research.
- Experience working with and manipulating large data sets or files.
- Fundamental understanding of attributes of binary files on multiple operating systems (Windows, MacOS, Linux).
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages, in particular Python.
- Good understanding of Windows OS internals and the Windows API.
- Experience with malware analysis tools and reverse engineering (with IDA Pro).
- Experience with the following tools: Windows Debuggers (Ollydbg, WinDbg), Wireshark.
- Knowledge of machine learning and labelling applied to malware classification.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Private Healthcare insurance
- Life insurance
- Training budget
- Working with the latest technologies
- Flexible time off
- Team hangouts
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.