At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role:
The CrowdStrike Data Science Team is seeking a motivated professional with technical skills to analyze malware. The team is focused on improving the detection capability and efficiency for the Falcon platform through employing Machine Learning algorithms to detect different types of attacks.
The Threat Researcher is responsible for reviewing and fine-tuning detections within our platform, so that we can provide high quality and high fidelity detections to our customers. Additionally, the analyst will aid in our continuous efforts in improving our Machine Learning algorithms, by reviewing their outputs and advising data scientists with security knowledge.
- Analyze files and behavioral activity to determine if they are legitimate or malicious.
- Reverse engineer, write code and help data scientists better understand the data, in order to improve our Machine Learning algorithms
- Develop tools to assist with automation of analysis tasks using Python
What we need:
- Sound understanding of current and emerging threats and ability to demonstrate practical knowledge of security research.
- Experience working with and manipulating large data sets or files.
- Fundamental understanding of attributes of binary files on multiple operating systems (Windows, MacOS, Linux).
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages, in particular Python.
- Good understanding of Windows OS internals and the Windows API.
- Experience with malware analysis tools and reverse engineering (with IDA Pro).
- Experience with the following tools: Windows Debuggers (Ollydbg, WinDbg), Wireshark.
- Knowledge of machine learning and labelling applied to malware classification.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.