CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role
The CrowdStrike Information Technology team is looking for an IT Helpdesk Support Technician to join our team. The IT team is a key component of the CrowdStrike family and is critical to the smooth and effective daily operations of all CrowdStrike team members. This position will facilitate, implement, troubleshoot, problem solve and enhance the IT team’s support, systems and operational responsibilities.
This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic, robust, fast-paced and challenging environment. Candidates should be interested in expanding their breadth of knowledge, constantly learning new technologies and processes, solving difficult problems, coming up with creative and unorthodox solutions and thinking well on their feet.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as escalation technician for front line HelpDesk support and assist with Tier-1 inbound support requests to receive, triage and facilitate resolution for internal customers.
- Maintaining an operational knowledge of the latest Mac, Windows and Linux OS server and desktop features, best practices and system/application configurations.
- Managing the fleet of employee computers via monitoring, securing, updating, patching, troubleshooting, automating and optimizing laptop and desktop systems.
- Contribute to streamlining, optimizing and simplifying employee application experiences, improving application usability and interoperability, testing new application releases and researching new solutions to customer demands or recurring problem sets.
- Configuring new-hire systems and performing IT on-boarding for new employees.
- Acting as a local resource for hands and eyes assistance in the server/networking room. Potential occasional travel to remote offices for similar projects (travel one to two times per year within continental US).
- Collaborating with (getting help from or providing help to) Tier-3 team members and other teams’ subject matter experts with projects or initiatives.
- Researching, installing and evaluating new products and services for deployment to internal customers.
- Implementing, improving and documenting new and existing policies, procedures and processes for IT system.
- Maintain inventory, assist with asset procurement, delivery and shipping.
- Support for A/V equipment in the conference rooms.
- Assist in supporting the Executives in the office as necessary.
- Communication, patience, tenacity and follow-through in tracking, troubleshooting and bringing to resolution internal customer support calls
- Explaining computer concepts/procedures/policies to non-technical internal customers
- Collaborating and coordinating with members of other teams to track, isolate and resolve technical issues
- Strong task management skills: ability to prioritize, triage, resolve and escalate in an efficient and effective manner
- Beginning to Intermediate knowledge of OS concepts and Active Directory account creation and maintenance with some OU and Security Group management
- Tangible understanding of security best practices, worst practices, concepts and real-world application
- Must speak fluent English
- Must be capable of lifting 50lbs / 22 Kg
- Scripting: experience with scripting or reverse engineering scripts in PowerShell/Linux
- Systems management and automation: experience with WSUS, basic Group Policy and automation services
- Networking concepts: basic network concepts and troubleshooting
- Basic understanding of networking concepts: TCP/IP, DNS, IP addressing, connectivity troubleshooting, cabling (straight through vs crossover, patch panels and patch ports, tracing/toning cables and troubleshooting wiring issues, etc.)
- Familiarity with Linux: understanding of the Linux command line, services, data manipulation, installation and high level system operation
- Exposure to scripting for task automation (JAMF/GHOST/ACRONIS/SCCM)
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation
- Competitive vacation policy
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.