CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel
andIVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role
The Cloud engineer role is part of the Engineering team from CrowdStrike Romania who will build globally distributed, fault tolerant and highly scalable cloud-based critical systems using Golang.
Don't worry if you don't know Golang, we will teach you!
If you are a hands-on engineer who loves to operate at scale, let's talk!
- Lead backend engineering efforts from rapid prototypes to large-scale application services across CrowdStrike products
- Make it possible for internal teams to easily work with data at the petabyte scale
- Leverage and build
cloud basedservices to support our top ratedsecurity intelligence platform
- Work with security researchers to troubleshoot time-sensitive production issues
- Keep petabytes of critical business data safe, secure, and available
define,and build collaboratively with members across multiple teams
- Obsess about learning, and champion the newest technologies & tricks with others, raising the technical IQ of the team
- Be mentored and mentor other developers on web, backend
anddata storage technologies and our system
- Constantly re-evaluate our product to improve architecture, knowledge models, user experience, performance and stability
- Be an energetic ‘self-starter’ with the ability to take ownership and be accountable for deliverables
- Use and give back to the open source community
- AWS Cloud
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or commensurate experience in data structures/algorithms/distributed systems)
- The ability to design scalable and re-usable SOA services
- The ability to scale backend systems – sharding, partitioning, scaling horizontally
aresecond nature to you
- The desire to ship code and the love of seeing your bits run in production
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and scalability challenges
- Deep understand multi-threading, concurrency, and parallel processing technologies
- Team player skills – we embrace collaborating as a team as much as possible
- A thorough understanding of engineering best practices from appropriate testing paradigms to effective peer code reviews and resilient architecture
- The ability to thrive in a
fast paced, test-driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment
- The skills to meet your commitments on time and produce
high qualitysoftware that is unit tested, code reviewed,and checked in regularly for continuous integration
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging)
- Existing exposure to Go, Scala, AWS, Cassandra, Kafka, Redis, Splunk
- Prior experience in the cybersecurity or intelligence fields
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation
- Competitive vacation policy
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity