Global Accounts Payable Manager
CrowdStrike started with a mission to revolutionize the entire approach companies take to security. CrowdStrike has disrupted the multi-billion dollar endpoint security market with innovative technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering. Our groundbreaking technology ensures that organizations can not only defend themselves but also do so in an efficient and future-proof manner. Today, the company continues to drive major innovations around AI/machine learning, behavioral-based prevention and detection, etc.to stay ahead of adversaries. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies.
We have raised significant financing and received a number of exciting awards including:
- September 2018: Named to Forbes 2018 Cloud 100, the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3.3 billion.
- May 2018: CNBC Disruptor 50 List Second Year in a Row.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
- October 2017: 100 Best Medium Workplaces for 2017 by Fortune magazine.
About the Role
The Accounts Payable shared services group, located in Pune, India, has the responsibility for handling worldwide AP activities. Those activities include, but are not limited to, vendor bill and expense report processing, close of AP ledger and expense recognition and accrual, compliance with related policies & procedures, vendor database management and reporting. CrowdStrike is seeking a Global Accounts Payable Manager to work collaboratively with business partners worldwide, manage corporate credit card programs, align with the Procurement department and oversee the AP team located in India, manage all AP activities in accordance with stated policies, procedures, departmental goals and standard practices as defined by management. While this position is located in Sunnyvale, CA, this role is expected to visit the AP team in India occasionally.
- Responsible for accurate, timely and complete processing of all AP transactions and coding to general ledger
- Hire, train, evaluate, lead and develop staff
- Identify, contract and own the relationships with appropriate third-party vendors to compliment AP shared services group in non-english speaking countries
- Develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively with the AP shared services group and review department performance via monthly AP SLA metrics
- Maintain effective relationships with business partners through timely and accurate payment and response to inquiries
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion of AP month-end closing processes
- Prepare, review and analyze select general ledger account reconciliations, journal entries and accruals
- Coordinate with Procurement, IT and Facilities to ensure efficient and accurate purchase order processing, matching, and resolution of discrepancies
- Manage the corporate credit card programs, including policies and procedures and address escalated issues
- Oversee electronic systems interfaces within the NetSuite and Expensify systems
- Identify process improvements and new approaches to processes in order to scale with significant company growth
- Supervise maintenance and filing of AP records in accordance with company guidelines
- Review account activity in AP and monitor trends in vendor bill processing or aging while escalating priority issues timely
- Lead or participate in special projects to enhance AP technology or to resolve issues raised by other departments
- Provide payables KPI's and other metrics for measuring efficiencies to senior management
- Work with Procurement to ensure proper documentation is provided prior to issuance of purchase order
- Monitor, maintain and enhance internal controls in relation to the AP and cash disbursement functions
- Assist with audit schedules needed for quarterly reviews / annual audits from outside accountants
- Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley and other compliance requirements
- Responsible for the preparation of annual 1099 form, escheatment, and other AP compliance reporting requirements
- Responsible for ad-hoc reporting, special projects and other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Accounting/Finance and managing staff
- Must have excellent management skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize tasks
- Strong knowledge of accounts payable and purchasing processes and ability to work dynamically with a variety of internal/external business partners and to communicate financial concepts to non-finance people
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, presentation and customer service skills
- Ability to be flexible as a member of multiple teams and across functional areas as well as amongst all levels of management
- Effective time management, work prioritization and delegation skills
- Excellent analytical and business support skills
- Able to learn new systems quickly and leverage them to increase efficiencies and quality of business processes
- Experience with offshore resources
- Experience with NetSuite ERP and Expensify expense reporting systems
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda and other drinks
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.