Manager, IT Network Engineering
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
The CrowdStrike Information Technology team is looking for a Manager, IT Network Engineering to join our team. This position plays a critical role in helping lead the team that is responsible for designing and supporting daily network operations for all CrowdStrike team members. This position will have a hands-on approach, working closely with business management and key personnel to identify and prioritize key initiatives. Ensuring those initiatives enable agility in growing our network through proven design, optimization, and implementation skill sets. The successful candidate will provide leadership and mentorship to junior personnel within the Network Engineering Team, as well as formally present solutions to the team as part of our collaboration effort.
The Manager is expected to be an effective communicator, collaborator and change agent that possesses the appropriate business and technical acumen to meet or exceed the needs of the company. This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic, robust, fast-paced and challenging environment. Candidates should be interested in expanding their breadth of knowledge, constantly learning new technologies and processes, solving difficult problems, coming up with creative solutions and thinking well on their feet.
- Manage daily operational teams supporting enterprise network infrastructure and associated services
- Managing the design and implementation of leading edge network architecture in on-premise and cloud environments
- Negotiate hardware and software systems contracts, licenses update and annual operating budgets
- Responsible for designing, implementing or verifying the detailed technical network support for projects, problem and incident management
- Strong hands on approach with the ability to provide direction and leadership to the team.
- Analyze current network infrastructure, monitor environment and data flow and identify choke points, opportunities for optimization and make recommendations based on current and projected company footprint
- Collaborate with management and senior engineering staff in the development, design architecture and implementation of network expansion and optimization
- Provide subject matter expertise to functional project teams and participate in cross-functional initiatives
- Develop new documentation and update existing processes for ticket resolution with a focus on eliminating all forms of tribal knowledge.
- Demonstrate innovative approaches to solving unique challenges, while maintaining the security and integrity of the network
- Capable of troubleshooting complex issues with voice and video technologies
- Provide tier-3 support for network escalation
- Participate in on call rotation and perform impactful maintenance outside of normal business hours
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 5 years of formal IT leadership experience leading or managing technical teams
- 10+ years’ experience in Enterprise Network engineering design and implementation, firewall configuration, server load balancing
- 10+ years’ experience with OSPF, EIGRP, BGP routing protocols, Voice Over IP and QoS configuration on routers and switches, IPv4 and IPv6
- 4+ years’ experience with public cloud, hybrid cloud, and datacenter engineering
- Experience with SD-WAN technologies, high availability switching, VMWare networking, micro segmentation
- Experience managing and deploying Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB) and load balancing solutions such as F5 LTM / GTM, Linux Virtual Services, and Kemp.
- Must have a demonstrated experience building repeatable deployment templates, creating strong documentation, and presenting new designs and updates to team members.
- Experience supporting Juniper, Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco routers, switches, routers and switches
- In-depth knowledge of LAN/CAN/MAN/WAN Protocols including but not limited to BGP, MPLS, VOIP, Multicast Routing, GSLB, Datacenter interconnects
- In-depth knowledge of IP Routing, Quality of Service technologies with demonstrated implementation in a large enterprise organization
- Intermediate to Advanced understanding of IPS/IDS
- Demonstrated deployment and administration of Network Response, Configuration Management, Environmental, and Application Response monitoring tools
- Must be capable of lifting 50lbs.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally to support network deployments in remote locations
- Experience working in cloud native environments and with AWS is ideal but not required
- Must have end-to-end project completion demonstrated on your resume.
- Thorough knowledge of Networking Infrastructure Design and Operations
- Experience with standard Enterprise Asset management policies/procedures
- Experience in Enterprise IT Security Standards, policies and procedures
- Experience managing 7x24 Network Operations and problem management
- Expertise in network virtualization technologies and hybrid cloud architectures
- Experience with FedRAMP, FISMA, NIST and ITAR compliant environments
- Automation experience through scripting
- Deployment of IPAM (IP Address Management) solutions
- High-tech, start-up, rapid growth and/or publicly traded company experience.
- You must love our business. CrowdStrike is a leader in cybersecurity. We don’t have a mission statement. We are on a mission to protect our customers from breaches. You must be genuinely committed to our mission and eager to learn the details of our business
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.