Open Source Intelligence Analyst Intern (Summer 2020)
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
Hear from our CrowdStrike Interns - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvzQHKfnY04&feature=youtu.be
About the Role
The CrowdStrike Intelligence Team is seeking an Intern to support our Open Source intelligence mission. The Intelligence Team is a core component of CrowdStrike, and this internship serves as an important role in researching cyber security events, conducting analysis, and developing finished intelligence reporting. Excellent writing skills are mandatory.
- Conduct and evaluate open source research on various pre-determined cyber security topics supporting CrowdStrike customers.
- Conduct analysis of gathered intelligence.
- Compose written intelligence assessments related to cyber security threats with guidance and prompt turnaround.
- Experience as an Open Source Intelligence Analyst.
- Experience in a fast-paced, collaborative research and production environment.
- Express complex technical and non-technical concepts verbally, graphically, and in writing.
- Learn cyber security concepts and threat actor Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs).
- Demonstrate comprehensive, practical knowledge of research / collection skills and analytical methods.
- Learn to identify current and emerging threats related to cyber security.
What You’ll Need
- Working towards undergraduate degree in general intelligence studies, with some coursework in cyber security, is preferred.
- Other technical security certifications or academic background a plus.
- Be willing and able to work from Arlington, VA during Summer 2020
- Have an investigative mindset and a desire to find and stop evil
- Keep up with the latest vulnerabilities and breaches
- Be self-motivated and actively seek opportunities for growth
- Desire to rapidly accelerate their skills
- Crave new and innovative work
- Contribute to a positive work environment, and have a can-do attitude
Summer Internship Program Experience Teaser:
- Access to Intern Executive Speaker Series
- Development Workshops
- Fun social and give back events
- Access to company events
- Assigned Mentor
- Continuous feedback
- Paid Holidays and 401k
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.