Cloud Engineer - Vulnerability Management
Cloud Engineer - Spotlight
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel andIVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
Falcon Spotlight is the industry’s first stainless endpoint vulnerability assessment solution, delivering real-time, zero-impact assessments of endpoint security posture. Falcon Spotlight adds preparation and readiness to the unparalleled prevention, detection, and response provided by the Falcon platform, resulting in a stronger security posture and unprecedented breach protection.
We’re looking for a highly technical, hands-on engineer who loves to operate at scale and build globally distributed, fault-tolerant and highly scalable cloud-based critical systems. You will be part of the engineering team that delivers the Spotlight vulnerability management product.
- Lead backend engineering efforts from rapid prototypes to large-scale application services of the vulnerability management features in the Spotlight product.
- Make it possible for internal teams to easily work with data at the petabyte scale
- Leverage and build cloud-based services to support our top-rated security intelligence platform
- Work with security researchers to troubleshoot time-sensitive production issues
- Keep petabytes of critical business data safe, secure, and available
- Brainstorm, define, and build collaboratively with members across multiple teams
- Obsess about learning, and champion the newest technologies & tricks with others, raising the technical IQ of the team
- Be mentored and mentor other developers on web, backend and data storage technologies and our system
- Constantly re-evaluate our product to improve architecture, knowledge models, user experience, performance and stability
- Be an energetic ‘self-starter’ with the ability to take ownership and be accountable for deliverables
- AWS Cloud
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or commensurate experience in data structures/algorithms/distributed systems)
- The ability to design scalable and re-usable SOA services
- The ability to scale backend systems – sharding, partitioning, scaling horizontally are second nature to you
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and scalability challenges, multi-threading, concurrency, and parallel processing technologies
- Deep understanding of multi-threading, concurrency, and parallel processing technologies
- Team player skills – we embrace collaborating as a team as much as possible
- A thorough understanding of engineering best practices from appropriate testing paradigms to effective peer code reviews and resilient architecture
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, test-driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment
- The skills to meet your commitments on time and produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration
- Existing exposure to Go, Scala, AWS, Cassandra, Kafka, Redis, Splunk is considered an advantage
- Market leader in compensation
- Competitive vacation policy
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization are essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.