Finance Manager, Revenue
CrowdStrike started with a mission to revolutionize the entire approach companies take to stop breaches. CrowdStrike has disrupted the multi-billion dollar endpoint security market with innovative technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering. Our groundbreaking technology ensures that organizations can not only defend themselves but also do so in an efficient and future-proof manner. Today, the company continues to drive major innovations around artificial intelligence, machine learning, and behavioral-based prevention and detection to stay ahead of adversaries and innovate in the field of cybersecurity. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. We have raised significant financing and received several accolades including:
- Named Leader in the Forrester Wave: Cybersecurity Incident Response (IR) Services Q1 2019 report.
- Named to Forbes 2018 Cloud 100 List; the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world.
- CrowdStrike scored the highest in Gartner Critical Capabilities Report for forward leaning organizations.
- CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
- May 2018: CNBC Disruptor 50 List Second Year in a Row.
- Named Leader in Forrester Wave Endpoint Security Suites and Forrester Wave Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR).
About the Role
The Finance Manager, Revenue, will join a fast-paced, growing Corporate FP&A team and will support CrowdStrike in forecasting revenue accurately. Among other responsibilities, in this role you will have the unique opportunity to work with various people across the organization, such as Sales, Accounting, and Data Analytics. This position is located in Irvine, CA.
- Improving Sales data accuracy – work closely with Sales, Sales ops and Data Analytics team to improve the accuracy of Sales reports
- Bookings and ARR Forecast – validate the actual bookings and ARR per month and producing forecast by category and product.
- Revenue forecast - review Sales pipeline data and guide the management team on the realistic monthly, quarterly and yearly achievement
- Forecast process improvement – drive efficiency around revenue forecasting cycle
- Ad hoc and Special projects
What You’ll Need
- Education – Bachelor’s degree, MBA is a plus
- 6+ years of experience in SaaS Revenue accounting and/or forecasting
- Knowledge on GAAP Rev recognition for SaaS business model
- Computer Skills – the ability to demonstrate the highest skill levels working in Excel and PowerPoint; familiarity working with Saleforce.com pipeline data, Adaptive Insights Planning, and NetSuite accounting data a plus.
- Familiarity with SaaS Company Metrics – experience calculating and comparing churn, dollar retention rates, cohort growth rates, lifetime value, customer acquisition cost, etc.
- Other – demonstrated experience or interest related to cybersecurity and/or SaaS.
- Past or current experience in SaaS Revenue Accounting
- Strong Analytical Skills (Excel) – you create and maintain flexible, accurate, and understandable models that surface key insights.
- Attention to Detail – you display the highest levels of consistency and accuracy in your work.
- SaaS Sales and Finance Knowledge – you have a firm command of finance concepts and have (at minimum) a working knowledge of the SaaS sales cycle and/or Deal Desk process.
- Excellent Communication Skills – you possess the ability to communicate complex financial concepts to both financial and non-financial audiences.
- Bias Toward Action – you are a self-starter who is comfortable advancing the ball with minimal direction or oversight; you are flexible and interested in learning.
- You must love our business. CrowdStrike is a leader in cybersecurity. We don’t have a mission statement. We are on a mission to protect our customers from breaches. You must be genuinely committed to our mission and eager to learn the details of our business!
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.