Technical Accounting and SOX Compliance Manager
CrowdStrike started with a mission to revolutionize the entire approach companies take to security. CrowdStrike has disrupted the multi-billion-dollar endpoint security market with innovative technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering. Our groundbreaking technology ensures that organizations can not only defend themselves but also do so in an efficient and future-proof manner. Today, the company continues to drive major innovations around AI/machine learning, behavioral-based prevention and detection, etc.to stay ahead of adversaries. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies.
We have raised significant financing and received a number of exciting awards including:
- September 2018: Named to Forbes 2018 Cloud 100, the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3.3 billion.
- May 2018: CNBC Disruptor 50 List Second Year in a Row.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
- October 2017: 100 Best Medium Workplaces for 2017 by Fortune magazine.
About the Role
Our ideal candidate is a highly self-motivated, process improvement oriented professional seeking additional experience and growth with advanced SEC filings and application of GAAP. The SEC Reporting and SOX Compliance manager will be responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and overseeing the timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP and SEC regulations on a timely basis and other related SEC filings. In addition, this position will be responsible for coordinating SOX compliance with an external third party. The position will report directly to the VP SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting.
- Partner with VP of Technical Accounting in all aspects of external financial reporting and financial disclosure including 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, Forms 3&4, and related XBRL filings.
- Collaborate with other teams and/or departments to identify technical accounting and financial reporting issues and assess related financial reporting implications
- Review contracts to identify technical accounting matters and ensure compliance with corporate and accounting policies.
- Monitor and implement new and/or update accounting pronouncements applicable to the company.
- Draft accounting position papers and provide training to internal finance and accounting teams.
- Work proactively with external auditors to drive timely closure of technical accounting matters and support finance teams to ensure proper accounting and disclosures along with documentation of accounting memos.
- Ensure compliance with new and/or amended standards as well as availability of requisite information for financial reporting purposes.
- Support Corporate Development and M&A Integration teams during financial due-diligence over target companies and subsequent integration of the acquired businesses.
- Directly manage third-party valuation experts, consultants, and staff supporting non-routine transactions. Responsible for management of scope, timing, resources, and overall execution of project plan.
- Implement an SEC Reporting tool, such as Workiva.
- Work closely with and manage completion of required annual financial audits and quarterly reviews.
- Ensure consistent compliance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Serve as the internal project manager in coordination with a third-party resource for the overall SOX implementation of all financial cycles.
- Coordinate SOX initiatives and ensure compliance with SOX internal controls over financial reporting.
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties and ad-hoc projects.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA required
- Minimum 6-8 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of US GAAP and SEC Regulations.
- Proven ability to multi-task, delegate, and prioritize tasks.
- Strong knowledge of technical accounting and internal controls.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent project management, verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, presentation and customer service skills.
- Able to learn new systems quickly and leverage them to increase efficiencies and quality of business processes.
- Recent public accounting experience.
- Experience with NetSuite ERP and Equity Edge stock option system.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards.
- Competitive vacation policy.
- Comprehensive health benefits and 401k plan.
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption.
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment.
- Wellness programs.
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda and other drinks.
- Peer recognition.
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation.
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events.
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.