CrowdStrike started with a mission to revolutionize the entire approach companies take to stop breaches. CrowdStrike has disrupted the multi-billion dollar endpoint security market with innovative technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering. Our groundbreaking technology ensures that organizations can not only defend themselves but also do so in an efficient and future-proof manner. Today, the company continues to drive major innovations around artificial intelligence, machine learning, and behavioral-based prevention and detection to stay ahead of adversaries and innovate in the field of cybersecurity. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. We have raised significant financing and received several accolades including:
- Named Leader in the Forrester Wave: Cybersecurity Incident Response (IR) Services Q1 2019 report.
- Named to Forbes 2018 Cloud 100 List; the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world.
- CrowdStrike scored the highest in Gartner Critical Capabilities Report for forward leaning organizations.
- CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
- May 2018: CNBC Disruptor 50 List Second Year in a Row.
- Named Leader in Forrester Wave Endpoint Security Suites and Forrester Wave Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR).
About the Role
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for processing purchase orders for various categories including, but not limited to, technology, marketing, facilities, HR, consulting, temp labor and services engagements across the entire company globally. The position involves developing negotiation strategies in some cases, advising requestors on the Procurement process, monitoring the progress of requisitions, and reviewing the cost and scope of assigned contracts to assure compliance, best value and validate or improve pricing. The Procurement Specialist may recommend cost saving proposals including alternative sourcing and will exercise independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action.
- Develop sourcing strategies for various categories
- Work with various business stakeholder groups to identify and qualify new or existing capable suppliers, assist with requests for proposals/quotations (RFPs/RFQs), review contract terms and conditions
- Assist in pricing negotiations for General Procurement agreements, and support the Legal department with processing Master Agreements, Statements of Work, and Change Orders
- Conduct analysis on proposals for services in support of various business functions
- Analyze total costs, assist business functions with ROI analysis, price and rate benchmarking and negotiate favorable business terms to leverage company purchasing power
- Provide contract expertise for sourcing of products and services for various business units
- Evaluate single sourcing requests and ensure competitiveness
- Develop, refine and implement category strategies and tactics that enable the procurement of products and services at the highest value benefit to the company
- Add value on various categories and consulting internal clients on industry trends, benchmarking, and best practices
- Communicate effectively to keep internal clients informed about procurement processes, supplier strategy, and procurement policies
- Own the Supplier onboarding process for new suppliers
- Manage supplier relationships by resolving onboarding issues, escalating with suppliers to resolve delays or missing information, and updating supplier profiles when necessary
- Mediate supplier issues and assist in resolving customer / supplier contract disputes
- Participate in supplier performance reviews with vendors to review performance and support mutually agreed upon improvement programs as required
- Support ad-hoc reporting needs including supplier scorecards and other reporting
- Assist in lifecycle contract management to keep ERP and contract repositories up to date
- Ensure pricing & deliverables as negotiated are included in the contract; coordinate comparison of proposals and final contract terms
- Ensure contract execution & retention, preferably through electronic signature process
- Provide timely updates, support management reporting of quarterly reports and address any issues quickly
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree required with 3+ years of experience in Procurement and/or Sourcing roles.
- Experience in sourcing & contracting tools (SAP, Oracle, Ariba, Coupa etc.)
- Previous Buyer role experience
- Contract Negotiation / Vendor / Multi-tasking Skills
- Demonstrated skills in managing high volume of transactions with effective project management skills
- Ability to read and understand complex agreements, understand cost models and various price structures, and scope of engagements
- Demonstrated skills in project management required
- Ability to work well in a high-pace dynamic environment, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and ensure task completion and deadlines are met as required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management, organizational, and analytical skills required
- Good team facilitation and presentation skills required
- Ability to present to Procurement management to articulate strategies and performance metrics.
- High-tech, start-up, rapid growth and/or publicly traded company experience.
- You must love our business. CrowdStrike is a leader in cybersecurity. We don’t have a mission statement. We are on a mission to protect our customers from breaches. You must be genuinely committed to our mission and eager to learn the details of our business!
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote-friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and snacks
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.