Technical Support Engineer
CrowdStrike started with a mission to revolutionize the entire approach companies take to security. CrowdStrike has disrupted the multi-billion dollar endpoint security market with innovative technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering. Our groundbreaking technology ensures that organizations can not only defend themselves but also do so in an efficient and future-proof manner. Today, the company continues to drive major innovations around AI/machine learning, behavioral-based prevention and detection, etc.to stay ahead of adversaries. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
- October 2017: 100 Best Medium Workplaces for 2017 by Fortune magazine.
The ideal Technical Support Engineering candidate is passionate about technology and customers. A true problem solver, the Technical Support Engineer will take personal ownership in seeing a problem through to resolution. You will understand IT environments across heterogeneous operating environments. You will be comfortable speaking with security teams as well as customer operation teams. Candidates must have technical depth and a customer-first mentality, the desire to take the initiative to own and resolve customer issues, and interest in working in a fast paced, high growth, learning environment.
- Provide well-thought out and reliable direction, both in technical and non-technical terms, to help customers integrate, deploy and maintain the CrowdStrike service.
- Take end-to-end ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause and issue resolution.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses and overall customer experience.
- Serve as internal and external point of contact on customer escalations and ensure customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible.
- Collect information and document bugs with Engineering for product issues that are impacting customers.
- Create process or troubleshooting documentation in the support knowledge base.
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry standard practices to come up with process improvements and new ways to delight customers.
- 2+ years of customer support, technical support, system administration or related customer facing role.
- Expertise in the Windows environment, including Windows Service and Workstation, troubleshooting and diagnosing low-level operating systems and network issues.
- Passion for solving customer issues and advocating for their success, in a fast paced, highly technical environment.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent relationship management, customer service and communication skills in variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person.)
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and as a part of a team.
- Outstanding analytical and organizational abilities.
- Ability to remain calm, composed and articulate when dealing with tough customer situations.
Strongly Desired Qualifications:
- Experience supporting Kernel level security solutions
- Experience supporting hybrid environments
- Experience supporting security applications such as AV, VPN, Firewall, proxy.
- Linux troubleshooting experience a plus
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with troubleshooting Windows and Mac
- MCP or higher a plus
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + stock options
- Competitive vacation policy
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.