Systems Engineer (VDI)
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
The CrowdStrike Information Technology team is looking for a Systems Engineer (VDI) to join our team. The IT team is a key component of the CrowdStrike family and is critical to the smooth and effective daily operations of all CrowdStrike team members.
To succeed in this role, you must be a self-starter who functions well as part of, a distributed IT team. You must be comfortable and confident in assessing when to ask for guidance and when to make autonomous decisions, all of which must place the success and integrity of the company and its employees as the primary goal.
As a Systems Engineer (VDI) you will be responsible for designing, implementing, managing, scaling, maintaining and securing all facets of the CrowdStrike VDI compute platform. The primary scope of duties shall be the setup, configuration and deployment of virtualization systems for high-availability, including VMware vCenter, ESXi, NSX and vSAN, in addition to leveraging virtualization and scripting technologies (especially PowerShell and PowerCLI) to better automate systems management.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Minimum 4+ years hands-on deployment, administration and troubleshooting experience in mid to large compute deployments
- VMWare Horizon View environment.
- VMWare vRealize • VMWare NSX
- VMWare vSAN Typical Education & Experience
- VMWare, vCenter, ESXi
- P2V and V2P migrations
- Experience with DR technologies and processes
- Experience with virtualization storage solutions
- Intermediate understanding of compute virtual networks, VLANS, PVLANS, Zones, DNS, DHCP
- Intermediate knowledge of Server 2008 R2, Server 2012 R2
- Experience with backup solutions such as NetBackup, CommVault, Veeam, etc.
- Basic knowledge of *nix Operating Systems
- AWS EC2
- Experience with interconnect fabric: iSCSI, Fibre, FCoE, DAS
- Design and implementation of security domains
- Storage virtualization
- Advanced configuration and management of virtual networks
- Experience working with remote or distributed teams
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.