Procurement Category Manager
CrowdStrike started with a mission to revolutionize the entire approach companies take to security. CrowdStrike has disrupted the multi-billion dollar endpoint security market with innovative technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering. Our groundbreaking technology ensures that organizations can not only defend themselves but also do so in an efficient and future-proof manner. Today, the company continues to drive major innovations around AI/machine learning, behavioral-based prevention and detection, etc.to stay ahead of adversaries. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
- October 2017: 100 Best Medium Workplaces for 2017 by Fortune magazine.
About the Role
The Procurement Category Manager is responsible for negotiating contracts for various categories including, but not limited to, technology, marketing, facilities, HR, consulting, temp labor and services engagements across the entire company globally. The position involves developing negotiation strategies, advising requestors on contract terms and conditions, monitoring cost and scope of assigned contracts to assure compliance, best value and validate/improve pricing. The Procurement Category Manager may recommend cost saving proposals including alternative sourcing and will exercise independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop global sourcing strategies for various categories
- Work with various business stakeholder groups to identify and qualify new or existing capable suppliers, initiate requests for proposals/quotations (RFPs/RFQs), advise requestors with respect to contract terms and conditions
- Conduct RFP and lead cross functional teams through the selection process of preferred suppliers with effective scoring criteria to critically evaluate supplier proposals in accordance with company policies
- Lead negotiations on General Procurement agreements, including, but not limited to, Master Agreements, Statements of Work, Change Orders balancing business deliverables, legal interests and pricing
- Conduct analysis on proposals for services in support of various business functions
- Analyze total costs, assist business functions with ROI analysis, price and rate benchmarking and negotiate favorable business terms to leverage company purchasing power
- Provide global contract expertise for sourcing of products and services for various business units
- Evaluate single sourcing requests and ensure competitiveness
- Develop, refine and implement category strategies and tactics that enable the procurement of products and services at the highest value benefit to the company
- Add value by becoming the subject matter expert on various categories and consulting internal clients on industry trends, benchmarking, and best practices
- Lead cross-functional meetings with various business functions and develop a communication strategy to keep internal clients informed about procurement processes, supplier strategy, and procurement policies
- Manage supplier relationships with focus on supply risk management, contract risk management and cost management
- Mediate supplier issues and resolve customer / supplier contract disputes if necessary
- Lead and participate in supplier performance reviews with vendors to review performance and support mutually agreed upon improvement programs as required
- Support ad-hoc reporting needs including supplier scorecards and other reporting
- Evaluate processes and recommend improvements to standardize lifecycle contract and sourcing processes and systems
- Ensure pricing & deliverables as negotiated are included in the contract; coordinate comparison of proposals and final contract terms
- Ensure contract execution & retention, preferably through electronic signature process
- Provide timely updates, support management reporting of quarterly reports and address any issues quickly
What You'll NeedEducation and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree required with 3-5+ years of experience in category management and/or strategic sourcing of marketing and sales purchases
- MBA degree a plus
- Subject matter expertise in sourcing & contracting tools (SAP and/or Oracle)
- Certified Purchasing Manager - desirable
- Contract Negotiation / Vendor / Influencing Skills
- Demonstrated skills in negotiating and formulating contracts, understanding cost models and various price structures, management of contractual, IP and labor law risks
- Demonstrated skills in project management required
- Ability to work well in a high-pace dynamic environment, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and ensure task completion and deadlines are met as required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Communicate well in English both in verbal and written form
- Strong project management, organizational, and analytical skills required
- Excellent team facilitation and presentation skills required
- Ability to present to C-level executives / stakeholders and articulate strategies and performance metrics
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + stock options
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and snacks
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.