Senior Revenue Analyst
CrowdStrike started with a mission to revolutionize the entire approach companies take to security. CrowdStrike has disrupted the multi-billion dollar endpoint security market with innovative technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering. Our groundbreaking technology ensures that organizations can not only defend themselves but also do so in an efficient and future-proof manner. Today, the company continues to drive major innovations around AI/machine learning, behavioral-based prevention and detection, etc. to stay ahead of adversaries. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. We have raised significant financing and received a number of exciting awards including:
- Named Leader in the Forrester Wave: Cybersecurity Incident Response (IR) Services Q1 2019 report.
- Named to Forbes 2018 Cloud 100 List; the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world.
- In April 2018 CrowdStrike scored the highest in Gartner Critical Capabilities Report for forward leaning organizations.
- Named Leader in Forrester Wave Endpoint Security Suites and Forrester Wave Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR).
- Secured CNBC Disruptor 50 List in 2017 and 2018.
- Won SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in 2017 and 2018.
About the Role
CrowdStrike is seeking a Sr. Revenue Analyst that will join the Corporate Revenue team in Sunnyvale, CA. In this highly visible role reporting to the Sr. Revenue Manager, you will be a significant contributor to our revenue operations. You will work with various cross functional teams in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Responsibilities will include:
- Review significant sales contracts and summarize key terms and revenue recognition implications in our contract review template;
- Ensure revenue recognition is in accordance with the company’s policy and revenue recognition accounting standard ASC 606;
- Collaborate cross-functionally with legal, sales, sales operations and professional services relative to contract negotiations to provide guidance on technical accounting, policy or process issues around revenue recognition;
- Address technical accounting inquiries from the business and provide guidance or implications;
- Prepare and improve the SSP methodology and testing;
- Assist in various ad-hoc projects and analysis to answer business questions and opportunities;
- Assist Sr. Revenue Manager in the day-to-day accounting activities of certain aspects of the revenue accounting team
- Perform month-end close tasks associated with revenue recognition, including the review of deferred revenue reconciliations, validating deferred revenue, and the posting of monthly revenue journal entries, as required;
- Coordinate the preparation of schedules and reports in support of external audit ensuring that all revenue deliverables are met.
- Assist in maintaining and updating internal documentation for revenue policies, procedures and controls
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years of revenue accounting experience
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and thorough understanding of GAAP around revenue recognition, specifically ASC 605 or ASC 606
- Experienced in preparing technical memos and ensuring compliance with US GAAP and performing deal reviews. Must be a self-starter and team player and able to work in a fast pace and rapidly changing environment
- Experience with monthly and quarterly close activities, account reconciliations, problem resolution, audit schedule preparation and working with external and internal auditors
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Big 4 public accounting experience and CPA preferred
- Rigorous devotion to detail and organization, while remaining strategic and flexible
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong customer service approach
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, deadline-oriented and able to complete tasks within minimal supervision
- Excellent organization skills with multi-tasking abilities
- Extensive knowledge of MS office skills, specifically MS Excel
- Working knowledge of NetSuite and Salesforce.com is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike
- Competitive compensation + Restricted Stock Units
- 401k Plan
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Competitive Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- We embrace distributed work and flexible work hours
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Regular team activities, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.