At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role As part of building a product to defend against a variety of threats, we need to build a system to test the product against those threats. There is a need to answer the question of “do we detect this?” and if so, under what circumstances or configuration. This may also include understanding how well we do given a body of samples under a variety of configuration settings.
To be able to answer these questions and more, we are looking for a Software Engineer with experience with internal tools automation and malware processing to spearhead the project. As a member of a central team, providing results to several teams in the organization, cross team collaboration and communications is important. From there, being able to understand requirements of the business and produce solid engineering solutions which meet those requirements in a durable means is the primary goal. A solid engineering background is key to being able to follow the development lifecycle for continuously expanding the capabilities of the system and providing solid data to the organization.
What You’ll Need
- A solid background in software engineering. This includes good coding standards, source control, documentation of design, issue tracking, and producing results which are supportable.
- 3+ years software development experience in a full stack cloud developer role, or similar.
- Experience with automating workflows through JSON API use and design.
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming, such as Python, C++, or other modern languages.
- BS in Computer Science, or similar field.
- A good working knowledge of Linux and cloud components such as Amazon services. Windows and Mac are also supported platforms as client systems, so a familiarity with all three operating systems is ideal.
- Willingness to learn. Cloud technology is moving quickly. The ideal technical solution may need some research and learning of new components. Openness to learning new languages and technology is key to success.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits.
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.