Sr. ETL/Data Engineer
CrowdStrike started with a mission to revolutionize the entire approach companies take to stop breaches. CrowdStrike has disrupted the multi-billion-dollar endpoint security market with innovative technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering. Our groundbreaking technology ensures that organizations can not only defend themselves but also do so in an efficient and future-proof manner. Today, the company continues to drive major innovations around artificial intelligence, machine learning, and behavioral-based prevention and detection to stay ahead of adversaries and innovate in the field of cybersecurity. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. We have raised significant financing and received several accolades including:
- Named Leader in the Forrester Wave: Cybersecurity Incident Response (IR) Services Q1 2019 report.
- Named to Forbes 2018 Cloud 100 List; the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world.
- In April 2018 CrowdStrike scored the highest in Gartner Critical Capabilities Report for forward leaning organizations.
- Named Leader in Forrester Wave Endpoint Security Suites and Forrester Wave Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR).
- Secured CNBC Disruptor 50 List in 2017 and 2018.
- Won SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in 2017 and 2018.
About this role:
The Sr. ETL/Data Engineer role based in our Sunnyvale HQ’s, is an excellent opportunity to create the groundwork to build out a Finance Data Mart. This is a new role reporting to the Sr. Director of Data and Analytics within the Finance team.The successful candidate will have strong DW and data modeling experience along with excellent communication skills and an analytical mind. You thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and are a self-starter.
- Responsible for all ETL functions from multiple source to target destinations
- Design transformations that make system run smoothly with accurate data
- Data Modeling with big-picture view of company data situation and scalable solutions
- Be able to digest what a business wants to accomplish and design an ETL process
- Listen and interpret what the business needs and discuss technical details in easy-to-understand ways
- Manage all ETL Work flows and create validations scripts to make sure data is accurate
- Historical timestamping of data – SCD2, SDC3, and SCD6 design
- Work proactively to address project requirements and address issues
- Mentoring of other members of the team for cross training
- Python scripts as needed to prep data or update destinations
- Usage of Data Mart Design and data model
- Advanced SQL for building data sets for use in BI tools like Domo/Tableau
- 3+ years of working in a DW environment and strong knowledge of ETL tools.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong understanding of data modeling concepts and SCD2 type design.
- You are motivated and eager candidate to learn new tools and technologies; while the main applications used are Salesforce, ETL tools (Boomi), and BI tools like Domo/Tableau.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, and Python etc.
DB: Oracle, Snowflake, and SQL Server
ETL: Informatica, Boomi, Matillion
BI: Domo, Tableau, BO, Alteryx, etc.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.