Software Engineer II
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
Software Development Engineer in Test, Performance
CrowdStrike Sensor Development
CrowdStrike is a computer security company founded on the principle that effective computer security cannot be achieved without understanding the goals, tactics, and techniques used by determined attackers who can be expected to purposefully and repeatedly pursue their objectives to the detriment of our customers.
CrowdStrike customers include some of the largest blue chip companies in the financial services, energy, oil & gas, telecommunications, retail, and technology sectors, along with some of the largest and most sophisticated government agencies worldwide.
Follow us on Twitter, @CrowdStrike and on The Adversary Manifesto, http://blog.crowdstrike.com/
CrowdStrike Falcon Host is a two-component security product. One component is a “sensor”: a driver installed on a client machine that observes system activity and recognizes malicious behavior, then provides on-box prevention capability and remote telemetry to the Falcon Host cloud. The cloud component aggregates sensor telemetry for each customer’s network, can correlate malicious behavior across multiple machines, and presents our customers’ operations teams with a prioritized summary of the threats detected in their environments.Job Responsibilities:
The Sensor test team is hiring an SDET position with 2 to 5 years of relevant experience whose primary responsibility will be to ensure that the Sensor does not degrade the performance of Linux/MacOS/Windows machines. We are looking for someone who can automate the operation and reporting of full-system tests.
The candidate should have a deep dive knowledge on the Performance metrics and should help in identifying the issues through automation. For this position, candidates with a demonstrated ability to define and implement performance test scenarios, load scenarios, or stress test scenarios will be preferred.
The core of the Software Development Engineer in Test’s (SDET’s at Engineer level) job at CrowdStrike is:
- Build advanced automated test suites using any programming language
- Analyze and decompose a complicated software system and execution on the automation test strategy
- Troubleshooting on the core issues of the product and/or on the automation workflow
The Job description for the SDET with 2 to 5 years of relevant experience on the Performance Test:
- Solid coding and debugging skills in Python/Java/C or any other scripting/programing language
- Solid understanding of operating system kernel concepts with specific experience in Windows, OSX, or Linux
- Very strong with performance testing and its concepts.
- Ability to write and automate test cases, triage bugs, and write actionable bug reports
- Excellent Problem-Solving Skills
- Can communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed team
Finally, the Sensor test team will find any of the following particularly attractive in a candidate:
- Has good networking concepts
- Have had an experience in testing performance degrade of product
- Understanding of fundamental computer science concepts; experience in analysis and implementation of data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Having an experience on CI/CD is a plus
- Having a Security Knowledge background is a plus
- Reproducing the customer related performance issue is a plus
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.