Regional Channel Sales Engineer
The Regional Channel Sales Engineer position will be responsible for managing our products and services technical sales support. You must be extremely results driven, customer focused, technologically savvy, and innovative at building internal relationships and external partnerships to attack the market with passion!
The right candidate will possess excellent energy and drive and a real desire to build business across a portfolio of accounts. They will have the ability to build effective relationships quickly and to find valuable business within each account immediately that can then be enhanced by leveraging internal resources.
- Collaborate with our Channel and Partners with high-touch pre-sales technical activity.
- Technically qualify opportunities and POV (Proof of Value) evaluation with end-user accounts and partners.
- Create Security Assessment Reports for end-users post-POV evaluation.
- Help drive end-user acceptance and buy-in for POV conversion to revenue.
- Help train distributors and partners to allow them to deploy successful POVs and assist them with Security Assessment Reports.
- Train distributor/partner SEs and Sales staff in region.
- Liaison between partner/customers and corporate headquarters for technical issues and their requirements.
- In conjunction with sales teams, to achieve and aim to exceed assigned quarterly revenue targets.
- Monitor, assess and report on a continual basis, the competitive situation and market development in the region.
- Help any marketing activities as proper in region.
Experience Skills and Qualifications:
- Sales experience generating net new business and working with Partners and the Channel
- Proven experience selling a complex multi-product architecture to organizations, selling into Experience working in an IT security business
- You must have pre sales experience and excellent technical knowledge within networking and/or security
- Familiarity with various hacking and exploitation tools and methodologies, common malware families, and Anti-Virus / IDS / IPS evasion techniques.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with a wide variety of IT technologies and security solutions. Day-to-day operations and interactions will involve the following focus areas:
- Network Engineering - the OSI model, IPv4/6, Routing, Switching, DNS, VLANs and Subnetting, Taps, Load Balancers, SNORT, YARA
- Network Security - Firewalls, IDS / IPS, HTTP/SSL Proxies, SSL Interceptors, SIEM Products
- Email Flow - Exchange / Domino, Cloud Solutions, AV and Anti-SPAM products
- SOC Operations – IT Process Automation / Orchestration
- Intel – Knowledge and experience with Threat Intel
- Troubleshooting skills and experience
- Able to create excellent relationships with your customers and internally across internal teams - Systems Engineering, Marketing, Professional Services etc…
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills
- Competitive nature, but also a collaborative team player.
- Strong presentation skills, both in person and via virtual channels.
- Customer Service background a plus.
- Security and/or SaaS Sales experience a plus.
- Persistent – Doesn’t stop at “no”. Believes they can overcome.
- Coachable - Seeks help; knows how to get help, when to ask for it and what situations call for it.
- Charismatic - knows how to use it.
- Sharp/Quick Witted - thinks on their feet. Flexibility to handle a curveball.
- Creative – Can think outside the box (when appropriate).
- Motivated - to learn, to succeed, to win, to grow.
- Aptitude - Able to learn and implement new concepts quickly.
- Confidence with absence of Ego.
- Self-Disciplined - Proven to be good at time management, organization, and demonstrate discipline in their process and everyday business.
- Self-aware – Has a solid understanding of their strengths and weaknesses and what they need to work on.