Director, Legal APJ
CrowdStrike started with a mission to revolutionize the entire approach companies take to security. CrowdStrike has disrupted the multi-billion dollar endpoint security market with innovative technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering. Our groundbreaking technology ensures that organizations can not only defend themselves but also do so in an efficient and future-proof manner. Today, the company continues to drive major innovations around AI/machine learning, behavioral-based prevention and detection, etc.to stay ahead of adversaries. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
- October 2017: 100 Best Medium Workplaces for 2017 by Fortune magazine.
About the Role:
You will be primarily responsible for providing legal support for commercial transactions, including data privacy and data security related issues, but also providing support for employment, dispute resolution and corporate work across the APJ region. You will draft and negotiate SaaS licensing, reseller, OEM, vendor, and other technology agreements. You will support a high growth business team in APJ by providing timely, practical and high-quality legal advice across a broad spectrum of issues. You will be a Legal team member working with colleagues in the United States and Europe on all of the above legal tasks.
What You’ll Need:
- Be qualified as a lawyer in Australia with good academic credentials.
- Extensive professional experience gained in-house in a technology company and/or a leading law firm.
- Strong technical ability in commercial law including drafting and negotiating SaaS, reseller, OEM and other commercial agreements.
- Experience advising on corporate, employment, data privacy, risk mitigation and other day-to-day issues experienced in a high-growth technology company.
- You must be able to understand and evaluate risk and provide practical guidance for a fast-paced company.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate with senior business leaders.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude, team-oriented mentality and a sense of humor.
- Willingness to work with Legal team in US and Europe
- You must love our business. CrowdStrike is a leader in cybersecurity. We don’t have a mission statement. We are on a mission to protect our customers from breaches. You must be genuinely committed to our mission and eager to learn the details of our business.
- Experience working in Cybersecurity or other high-tech environment
- Highly distributed work force
- Supporting high-growth company
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.