Sr. Threat Research Engineer/Sandbox Coverage Architect
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role:
CrowdStrike’s Sandbox team is expanding. We are looking for an accomplished engineer to analyze current threats and their methodologies and to set the technical direction for our sandbox architecture and data extraction capabilities, working closely with our team of developers, devops engineers, and security researchers.
- Analyze malware and security threats to determine gaps in coverage and their remediation. Work jointly with security researchers across teams to understand the threat landscape.
- Identify and design the next-generation features to effectively analyze the latest malware using Falcon Sandbox.
- Hands-on contributions to the codebase for both prototype and production purposes.
- Being an independent self-starter who likes to take ownership and independently seeks out new challenges.
- Experience working on sandbox technology and malware analysis both in a hands-on and design role.
- Expert on Windows internals; expertise on Mac and Linux is a plus.
- Comfortable diving into a C/C++ codebase.
Location: U.S. (remote)
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.