Professional Services Intern (Summer 2020)
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
Hear from our CrowdStrike Interns - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvzQHKfnY04&feature=youtu.be
About the Role
As a Professional Services Intern, you will have a unique opportunity to move beyond the classroom and into the world of cybersecurity consulting. This program will expand a candidate’s skill set to encompass several important focus areas, yet remains flexible enough to allow individuals to spend more time on any area that “sticks”. Our goal for the program is to equip qualified students with the competency and knowledge they need to transition into a career as a cybersecurity consultant. A position with CrowdStrike Services will expose you to a wide variety of engagements including front page incident response investigations, adversary-emulation penetration testing (be the adversary, don’t just run scans), and proactive and strategic assessment services for organizations you’ll find on the annual Fortune 100 list.
The CrowdStrike Services Internship Program is a 12-week full-time summer internship that provides individuals with experience across all major aspects of the CrowdStrike Services business.
After completing this program, candidates will have experience in the following areas:
- Networking Fundamentals
- Operating Systems
- Lab Maintenance
- Falcon Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)
- Falcon Network
- Falcon Forensic Collector (FFC)
Forensics and Triage
- Network Analysis
- Windows, Mac, Linux Forensics
- Log Analysis
- Red Team Operations
- Tabletop Exercises
- Cybersecurity Maturity Assessments
- Compromise Assessments
Project Management and Reporting
- Incident Response Reporting
- Client Communication and Management
What You’ll Need
- Be towards a BA or BS / MA or MS degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science/Engineering, Math, Information Security, Information Systems, Information Assurance, Information Security Management, Intelligence Studies, Data Science or other related field.
- Be a rising Junior/Senior (if pursuing an undergraduate degree)
- Be scheduled to graduate after August 2020
- Be willing and able to work from Los Angeles area; St. Louis; MO, Columbia, MD or the Washington, D.C. Metro area. During Summer 2020
- Have an investigative mindset and a desire to find and stop evil
- Keep up with the latest vulnerabilities and breaches
- Be self-motivated and actively seek opportunities for growth
- Desire to rapidly accelerate their skills
- Crave new and innovative work
- Be able to complete technical tasks with minimal supervision
- Desire to develop both technical and soft skills
- Contribute to a positive work environment, and have a can-do attitude
- Be seeking a career in cybersecurity and/or incident response
From a technical perspective, it is desired (but not required) that candidates:
- Be comfortable on command-line interfaces (Windows, Bash, Powershell)
- Be familiar with scripting languages
- Be versed in forensic analysis methodology for Windows systems (Mac/Linux forensics knowledge is a plus)
- Be acquainted with strategies and tools to rapidly analyze large sets of logs
What It Takes to Be a CrowdStriker
CrowdStrike was founded on the idea that the “who” matters just as much as the “what” during an investigation. Our team members understand this guiding principle and it impacts every aspect of our business. Our company has three distinct, but coordinated groups – Product, Intel, and Services. By joining the Services team, you’ll immediately have an advantage that puts you ahead of the competition and gives you access to unparalleled opportunities to learn, use cutting edge technology, and make an impact. Our company utilizes Falcon Endpoint Protection.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Access to company events
- Paid Holidays and 401k
- Assigned Mentor
- Holiday Pay
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.