Senior / Principal Consultant - Strategic Advisory Services
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
CrowdStrike drives change in global security by protecting organizations against the most advanced attackers in the world. We are looking for highly motivated, self-driven consultants who can help our clients improve their security in advance of a crisis event. Our CrowdStrike Services team offers opportunities to expand your skill set and make a difference through a wide variety of proactive and strategic assessments engagements for organizations you’ll find on the annual Fortune 100 list.Am I a Strategic Senior/Principal Consultant Candidate?
- Do you find yourself keeping up with the latest cyber breaches?
- Do you want to help companies protect themselves against malicious adversaries?
- Are you looking for a role that maximizes your skills and experience in advising clients, but concerned that most of these positions are for “techies” only?
- Are you self-motivated and looking for an opportunity to rapidly accelerate your skills?
- Do you crave new and innovative work that actually matters to your customer?
- Do you have strong communication and writing skills?
- Do you thrive on engaging with executive and senior management?
- Are you interested in learning your customer’s maturity and pain points to develop a plan that helps them improve?
- Are you the smartest person on your current team? Would you like to join others who will challenge you in that regard?
- Lead strategic advisory service engagements, engaging with executive-level individuals across a wide range of industry segments.
- Assess and develop cybersecurity and incident response programs in a proactive fashion to help mature the security posture of organizations prior to an incident.
- Develop cutting-edge scenarios to help customers exercise the full range of their response capabilities.
- Produce high-quality written and verbal reports, presentations, recommendations, and findings to customer management.
- Demonstrate industry thought leadership through blog posts and public speaking events.
- Identify and address emerging trends in cybersecurity, drawing on both government and private sector perspectives.
- Manage internal programs and teams.
- Engage in some degree on sales and business development opportunities.
- Support staffing and scheduling of strategic resources on upcoming engagements.
Successful candidates will have at least 3-4 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- IT / Security Management Consulting: you’ve held leadership positions and owned relationships with organizational executives as a management or technical consultant. You’ve worked on a range of infosec and IT issues, including both technical cyber security (applying controls, improving architectures, etc.) and operational cyber security (organizational alignment, cyber policy review, etc.).
- Security Analysis / Operations: you’ve held leadership positions in organizations or on teams that focus on organizational security (such as SOCs, IR teams, etc.). You understand cyber security from a practitioner standpoint, and importantly, you also understand how to consolidate and communicate results to senior leaders
- Business Strategy / Risk Analysis: you’ve helped businesses address a range of risks, including cyber risks, across their organization. You’re familiar with how organizational risk frameworks are developed, and you have experience helping organizations improve and apply their risk frameworks to address cyber risks.
- Cyber Security Policy: you’ve been responsible for developing new policies or enhancing existing policies that inform how private or government organization performs and manages its various cyber security activities. You have played a key role in developing policies, plans, and/or playbooks focusing on cyber security activities, and have ideally been part of the process of transitioning these plans into practice within an organization.
- Public / Government Affairs: you have significant experience helping government organizations, or entities that work closely with governments, refine cyber security priorities and communicate clearly about these priorities. You are highly experienced in working across diverse sets of technical and non-technical stakeholders in an organization to develop defensible, actionable priorities and plans for improving cyber security.
Additionally, all candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, specifically in fast-paced professional environments.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with a wide range of customers.
- Capable of completing complex tasks involving technical analysis, without supervision.
- Desire to grow and expand both technical awareness and soft skills.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Consistent positive work environment and attitude.
- Ability to travel to engage with clients, up to 30% of the time, often on less than three weeks notice.
We are seeking candidates with the right combination of training and skills to join our team. Successful candidates coming from an academic background will likely have a BA or BS degree, (additional consideration for MA or MS degrees) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, Information Security, Information Assurance, Information Security Management, Cybersecurity, Cybersecurity Policy, Public Policy, Intelligence Studies, or a related field. Applicants without a degree but with relevant military or work experience and/or training will be considered, and should apply their previous experience to the qualification areas above.