Market Physician Manager
About Crossover Health
Crossover makes remarkable health possible by bringing people, their doctors, data, and benefits together under one connected system of health. We’ve built an entirely new category of primary care providing one simple place to go for trusted care—in person, online, anytime. We are working with the most innovative employer partners to integrate disconnected health and wellness benefits with tech-enabled services which allows our partners to increase access to care, decrease spending, and deliver an unrivaled experience for employees near and far.
The Market Physician Manager is a key member of the Triad clinic leadership team responsible for providing direct primary care and leading the team of care providers This position provides medical oversight, expertise, and leadership to ensure high quality healthcare services delivery across the care team. In partnership with the Triad, this role guides the providers of the multi-disciplinary, integrated care service, which is focused on achieving Crossover’s “quadruple aim” -- 1) decreased spend, 2) increased quality, 3) improved engagement, and 4) strong employee/provider engagement.
- Implements , optimizes, and recommends improvements to Crossover’s standards of care and operations workflows, including participation in the selection of suitable treatment plans for patients/members.
- Leads and collaborates with the care team in providing appropriate/integrated care plans. Partners alongside a lead nurse and administrator to run the practice.
- Develops clinical programs, coordinating with Crossover Medical Group (MG) and program leaders.
- Develops and implements annual clinic goals and operating plans in partnership with the Triad and MG leadership. This includes achieving operating system metrics, patient outcomes, growth targets, population health metrics, and financial metrics.
- Identifies and recommends account growth ideas.
- Co-leads daily huddles agendas and ensures communication is shared/cascaded across the care team.
- Leads the practice in achieving quality goals and metrics and implementing quality assurance programs.
- Ensures compliance with all policies (quality, privacy, etc.), procedures, and protocols of the practice, including assisting other care providers and extended care teams to comply and collaborate on clinical outcome reviews and measurements.
- Hires, coaches, and develops care team talent (physicians, optometrists, behavioral health, health coaches, physical medicine). Assists in onboarding and training new team members. Encourages continuing professional education and development to enhance learning and meet licensing expectations.
- Ensures all clinical data is accurately captured and reported. Recommends enhancements to core EHR and practice management systems.
- Provides availability for medical and technical questions for employees, patient care staff and ancillary care providers, including after-hours coverage, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid, state-issued medical license in good standing
- A minimum of 7 years professional post-residency experience in direct patient care
- Board certification in a primary care specialty
- Knowledge of managed healthcare systems, medical quality assurance and quality improvement, and risk management, preferred
- Experience and demonstrated ability to assess clinical needs and work in an integrated, holistic approach to care, including case management, disease management and/or population health programs
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively internally and externally with matrixed care teams
- Minimum 5 years experience in staffing, coaching, and developing a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strategic thinker focused on innovative care models
- Self-assured yet humble, results-oriented, and flexible to adapt as needed
Physical Job Requirements
- May require standing, walking and sitting for extended amounts of time.
- Occasional travel 10% to attend leadership meetings
- Occasionally lift and carry items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Includes full range of body motion including potential of handling and lifting patients.
- Requires corrected vision, hearing and speech within normal ranges. Must be able to effectively communicate with patients and team members.
Crossover Health is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at [email protected]
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.