Principal Software Engineer
CrossCountry Mortgage (CCM) is a top-10 retail mortgage lender with more than 8,000 employees operating 600+ branches across all 50 states. We have been recognized eight times on Inc. 5000’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America and have received countless awards for our standout culture. Through our dedication to getting it done, we make every mortgage feel like a win.
A culture where you can grow! CCM has created an exceptional culture driving employee engagement, exceeding employee expectations, and directly impacting company success. At our core, our entrepreneurial spirit empowers every employee to be who they are to help us move forward together. You’ll get unwavering support from all departments and total transparency from the top down.
CCM offers eligible employees a competitive compensation plan and a robust benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, as well as a 401K with an employer match. We also offer company-provided short-term disability, an employee assistance program, and a wellness program.
We’re looking for a Principal Software Engineer to lead the design and development of enterprise applications and systems. In this role, you will ensure applications operate efficiently and provide production support, data research, code analysis and development work including enhancements and hot fixes in alignment with project implementation timelines and collaborate with the stakeholders as necessary to achieve project goals. Additionally, you’ll provide oversight and mentorship to other software engineers.
- Ensure applications operate efficiently and provide production support, data research, code analysis and web and windows development work including enhancements and hot fixes when necessary.
- Analyze relevant software and hardware tools, interdependencies, limitations with reference to functional requirements, system architecture, and industry standards.
- Design software applications in accordance with the agreed requirement specifications, system limitations and industry standards.
- Gather clients' feedback and evaluation of the software applications for post-implementation follow-up.
- Identify design problems in the software design.
- Identify relevant standards and guidelines applicable to the review items.
- Identify the need for integrating enterprise components with existing systems.
- Review the software requirements and assumptions for the solution and resolve conflicts and inconsistencies with the stakeholders.
- Provide code-review and coaching to Software Engineers on the team
- 9+ years of hands-on .NET Development experience.
- Prior experience working in an Architect/Technical Lead capacity.
- Prior experience in diverse technology environments.
- Consumer mortgage and lending experience.
- Experience working on or leading an Agile/Scrum team.
- Experience working with Encompass SDK / API is an additional plus.
- Strong programming skills with significant expertise in: Object Oriented Programming (OOP), Batch Processing, Document Generation, Data exchange formats (CSV, XML, JSON), Data transfers (HTTP, SFTP, SSL).
- Expertise in Microsoft .NET technologies including: C#, .NET Core, MVC, LINQ, Entity Framework.
- Extensive experience in development of APIs and REST Framework
- Experience with the design, functioning, and troubleshooting of SQL Server technologies including: T-SQL, CRUD - DML and DDL Operations
- Knowledge of the Microsoft IIS stack and the ability to configure and troubleshoot issues with web-based applications and services including deployment.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assess new and unfamiliar issues and work through potential solutions, issues, and risks.
- Confidence in the decisions you make and the ability to evaluate and counter alternative ideas and represent your reasoning.
- Experience working with AZURE, AWS (EC2 and RDS), JIRA, TFS, Bit Bucket, GIT
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC offers MORE than a job, we offer a career. Apply now to begin your path to success! https://crosscountrymortgage.com/about-us/careers/apply/
CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC. (NMLS3029) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, orientation, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability status or marital status. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation. CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC. is an FHA Approved Lending Institution and is not acting on behalf of or at the direction of HUD/FHA or the Federal government. To verify licensing, please visit www.NMLSConsumerAccess.org.