Outside Loan Originator (On-Site)
CrossCountry Mortgage (CCM) is a top-10 retail mortgage lender with more than 8,000 employees operating 600+ branches across all 50 states. We have been recognized eight times on Inc. 5000’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America and have received countless awards for our standout culture. Through our dedication to getting it done, we make every mortgage feel like a win.
A culture where you can grow! CCM has created an exceptional culture driving employee engagement, exceeding employee expectations, and directly impacting company success. At our core, our entrepreneurial spirit empowers every employee to be who they are to help us move forward together. You’ll get unwavering support from all departments and total transparency from the top down.
CCM offers eligible employees a competitive compensation plan and a robust benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, as well as a 401K. We also offer company-provided short-term disability, an employee assistance program, and a wellness program.
The Outside Loan Originator (“Outside LO”) is responsible for maintaining an NMLS License Required under the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008, originating and processing real estate mortgage loans in accordance with CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC (“CCM”) processes and product guidelines.
- Source mortgage leads.
- Build relationships with real estate agents and other lead sources.
- Analyze potential loan markets and develop referral networks to locate prospects for loans.
- Market CCM products to individuals and firms, promoting CCM services that may meet customers’ needs.
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and answer questions about the process.
- Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Generate complete loan applications with corresponding documentation.
- Improve loan applications and documentation by informing the applicant of additional requirements.
- Help customers by answering questions and responding to requests.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Own the communication with the real estate agent or referral source.
- Confer with processing and underwriting to aid in resolving mortgage application problems.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Regularly participate in activities in connection with mortgage sales, including but not limited to attending closings, open houses, and/or conduct CCM seminars/trainings and other lead-generating activities.
- Mortgage Coaching Available.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of all mortgage products and programs.
- NMLS License Required under the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008.
- Good knowledge of retail product philosophy, policy, underwriting, procedures, documentation, and systems.
- Experience proactively soliciting new business.
- Good analytical skills necessary to evaluate credit requests and determine trends in each marketplace.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Proficient in standardized software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Encompass Experience Preferred.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC offers MORE than a job, we offer a career. Apply now to begin your path to success! https://crosscountrymortgage.com/about-us/careers/apply/
CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC. (NMLS3029) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, creed, color, orientation, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation. The Company is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture that welcomes diversity and inclusion. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation. CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC. is an FHA Approved Lending Institution and is not acting on behalf of or at the direction of HUD/FHA or the Federal government. To verify licensing, please visit www.NMLSConsumerAccess.org.