Senior Manager, Technical Operations
Cronos Group is an innovative global cannabinoid company with international production and distribution across five continents. Cronos Group is committed to building disruptive intellectual property by advancing cannabis research, technology and product development. With a passion to responsibly elevate the consumer experience, Cronos Group is building an iconic brand portfolio. Cronos Group’s portfolio includes PEACE NATURALS™, a global health and wellness platform, two adult-use brands, COVE™ and Spinach™, and two hemp-derived CBD brands, Lord Jones™ and Happy Dance™.
At Cronos Group, we hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them the opportunity to hone new skills and approaches. If you want to play a part in shaping an innovative industry and help build a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
If you are a seasoned technology professional with a tactical mindset and the technical skills to execute the company's growing and changing IS priorities, then this is the job for you! As the Manager, Technical Operations you will be responsible for the efficient day to day global management and support of the computing, network, and telecommunication systems. You will oversee resources and tasks required to help evolve IT infrastructure operational processes, drive infrastructure (storage, servers, database) and related architecture initiatives within IS and other key stakeholder groups globally. The ideal candidate is energetic, collaborative and forward- thinking.
This position is based out of North America.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the day to day coordination of Front Line Help Desk staff to ensure customer service is at the highest level
- Identify efficiency opportunities (both manual and automated) and develop documentation to support (SLA,SOP, etc)
- Lead of a team of technical seniors (internal and external) to provide infrastructure and systems support for various technology and systems initiatives which are aligned with business priorities and driven by various stakeholders
- Leads or is a key stakeholder in the development of new system, database and application implementation plans to ensure integration and operational reliability
- Works with IS Management and Cyber Manager, The Procurement team and others to lead RFP and selection of various technical commodities and services
- Oversees the day to day activities of 1st and 2nd level technical support
- Assess department and business needs related to equipment and infrastructure services and prioritizes work effort and technical resource allocation
- Vendor Management: select and manage external technology partners in design, implementation and steady state operations
- Provide a point of escalation for support and infrastructure project issues
- Provide leadership, guidance, performance management and career development to the Operations team staff
You’ll need to have:
- Post-secondary studies in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent additional experience)
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience successfully managing an IT infrastructure and support team of helpdesk and system administrators
- Demonstrated experience of infrastructure and system project leadership specifically in Azure Cloud, WAN, Active Directory, SD-WAN and Virtualization
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, Cloud Infrastructure, Desktop technology and Windows OS
- Good working knowledge of ITIL framework
- Experience working with multiple project teams (business, IT application and infrastructure teams)
- Strong technical understanding of storage, network and server and recovery architecture
- Strong vendor management skills demonstrated through experience
- Exceptional problem solving, collaboration and customer service skills
- Experience in developing, managing and controlling IT Operational budgets and costs
- Calm under pressure, self-starting and motivated – ability to deal with multiple concurrent priorities
- Strong technical leader
- Good working knowledge of Windows troubleshooting, maintenance, configuration, design (Windows 10, Windows Servers, Active Directory)
- A very “hands on”, tactical, eager and mature technology management approach with a willingness to wear multiple hats in a fast paced, sometimes ambiguous, and ever-changing environment