IT Project Manager
Cronos Group is a global leader in the cannabis industry committed to producing innovative products. Our iconic brand portfolio includes PEACE NATURALS™, a global health and wellness platform, two adult-use brands, COVE™ and Spinach™, and Lord Jones™, a hemp-derived (CBD) personal care brand. Our goal is to establish the most valuable international community comprised of passionate, genuine and committed employees.
Our talented and dynamic team loves the opportunity to enhance new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Cronos Group is committed to your professional development so if you want to join our tribe, apply today!
About the Role:
If you are self-motivated and have excellent analytical, process improvement, change management, and project management skills, then this is the job for you! As the IT Project Manager you will be working under the direction of the Director of Information Technology, and in collaboration with the growing IT team. The IT Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of projects within the IT department. This position has primary responsibilities for gathering, managing, and communicating requirements that will be used to deliver strategic and operational value to Cronos Group. It also involves working closely with functional leaders, subject matter experts, stakeholders, and other project managers. The Project Manager will perform duties such as facilitate activities, report on project statuses, and ensure sponsors and stakeholders stay informed with accurate and timely information to support decision making. As the majority of Cronos Group’s projects involve the implementation or adoption of technology provided by external vendors, this role will focus on driving successful technology initiatives in collaboration with internal IT and business staff along with our external partners.
We are looking for an experienced IT project management professional possessing a methodical approach and the communication skills to capture business needs and translate them to technology-driven solutions and lead the execution of the company's IT priorities. The ideal candidate is energetic, collaborative and forward- thinking.
This position is based out of Toronto, Ontario or Los Angeles, California.
What you’ll be doing:
- Engage IT and business stakeholders and other strategic partners to support the functional design and delivery of enterprise solutions that span multiple technologies and disciplines
- Define and roll-out best practices regarding business requirement definitions and documentation, using industry best practice, Agile tools and techniques
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and management to assess, select and recommend solutions and alternative approaches that will reduce time to market and cost.
- Work with peers to help define, develop and maintain strategic and tactical technology plans
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technology developments/trends, assesses the impact, and collaborate with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions
- Develop and execute communication to all stakeholders including leading and facilitating team meetings, status reports, and risk identification
- Execute the SDLC and/or Agile methodologies and governing processes consistently
- Develop and track the budget for all technology and\or business-driven projects
- Create clear and attainable project deliverables, based on project requirements, translates technical tasks into understandable tasks and milestones.
- Manage the constraints of the project parameters (cost, time, scope, quality).
- Oversee creation of detailed project plan documents and task-level assignments for large, highly complex projects with cross-organization impact, as well as smaller operation projects sometimes simultaneously
- Track key project milestones and adjust project plans and/or resources to meet conditions
- Bachelor’s degree required - preferably in Computer Science
- Strong business analysis and project management skills
- 5+ years’ experience with technology projects supporting Infrastructure, ERP and Cloud Applications
- 5+ years’ experience documenting procedures and creating technical Specs for the internal technology team
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project and Visio required
- Knowledge of and experience with various business applications and systems (SAP, SharePoint, CRM, HRIS) considered an asset
- Proven problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superb organizational skills, time management, goals setting and task prioritization abilities
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers to gain trust
- Demonstrated ability to quickly master new technical elements
- PMI-PBA certification is desirable
- PMP certification is desirable
Cronos Group supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and we will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals in the job application process.