Credible Behavioral Health Software is a leading Behavioral Health Enterprise Software company based in Rockville, MD and providing an Electronic Health Record (EHR) to the growing US Behavioral Health market. Recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing companies in North America (see Deloitte Fast 500) and Inc. as one of the Top 50 Companies to work for, Credible is expanding our Rockville, MD based team. For Credible, our Mission is paramount and central to our success: Improving the quality of care and lives in behavioral health for clients, families and providers. If you are interested in combining a mission driven position with a fast paced, results oriented culture, please apply today.
Credible’s Learning and Development team is looking for top-notch instructional designers who know how to engage not only the minds of our learners, but their hearts as well. You know that training is more than reading a PowerPoint slide or leading a product demo; it is about providing the context while creating a compelling and fun learning environment. You know there are multiple learning styles and look to incorporate “best of class” techniques in your training content. You love interactive training experiences and want our learners to experience the best we can offer. The term “visual sentences” means more to you than clipart. You are driven to be part of something larger than yourself. You are looking for a career with Credible’s Learning and Development team.
Join the Credible Team today!
Overall Responsibility for the Instructional Designer:
- You do what it takes to improve information retention rates, how to motivate and develop a culture of learning, and allow our learners to enjoy the learning experience
- You will utilize your skills and passion to create an engaging and compelling learning experience, whether live or recorded, for any internal or external audience
- It is imperative that you have the interpersonal skills to become a trusted partner and resource to our trainers
- You must be able to work across organizations to develop long lasting relationships with your internal Partners and subject matter experts (SMEs)
- You utilize the bleeding-edge tools we provide you to provide solutions to multiple learning styles
- You want to be a part of every Credible presentation and won’t take “no” for an answer… You need the “why”
- You work closely with our trainers and SMEs to assure the supporting class materials meet the needs of the audience
- You are goal-driven and are not afraid of success
Success Defined for the Instructional Designer:
- Work collaboratively with department, subject-matter experts, and the Director of Learning and Development to design, develop, evaluate, and implement effective learning solutions that are role- and task-based.
- Effectively incorporate new methods of learning, instructional techniques, and instructional technologies to develop new, exciting and compelling learning solutions.
- Continually improve your presentation skillsets and participate in peer-review sessions.
- Continually drive yourself to learn the new modules and features of the Credible software solution.
- Meet deadlines consistently in a fast-paced environment with multiple assignments occurring simultaneously.
- Work closely with our trainers as they a comprehensive Playbook that identifies key stakeholders; communities and roles to be trained, by location; training durations by course; Credible software configuration details and best practice process alterations so they are captured in our training; and any details required to assure a successful Partner go-live. These Playbooks will drive you to create the targeted and meaningful learning content each specific Partner requires.
- Closely work with the other Instructional Designers to design quizzes and meaningful interactive activities to increase learning and retention.
- Define clear objectives for a course, presentation, and/or curriculum.
- Clearly define the needs for the course medium, content delivery, assessments, accompanying materials, and complementary learning approaches.
- Swiftly and accurately synthesizes and write courses content based on input from SME, written material, previous training courses, interviews, etc.
- Draft screen layouts, graphics, and interactions appropriate to the content.
- Script audio for each course and works with SME to ensure core content is included.
- Record temporary voice-over for each course drafted.
- Design quizzes and meaningful course interactions to increase learning and retention.
- Work with assigned staff, SME, and others to ensure draft and final versions of courses are managed effectively and uploaded into the LMS.
- Manage production of the final version of courses, including audio, video, print, etc.
- Coordinate the feedback process with SME and training team to allow utilization of feedback to be integrated into the final version of course.
- Proof courses as needed, and keep up to date with software changes.
- Define timely project schedules and manages multiple projects simultaneously.
- Participate in team brainstorming and strategy meetings to help define new courses, goals, and directions for team’s ongoing course development.
- Keep up to date on e-learning tools, trends, and ideas.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in instructional design in a technical or professional services environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Instructional Design, English, Educational Technology).
- Knowledge and experience in Enterprise-level SaaS software platforms
- Background in behavioral health and/or IT a plus.
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time so you may periodically visit and critique Partner training sessions, looking for ways to improve.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key instructional design concepts, practices, and learning principles.
- Skilled in developing instructor-led, web-based, and blended learning solutions.
- Experience developing course content in a variety of formats.
- Knowledge/experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to produce clearly written learning materials and articulate key concepts in a clear manner.
- Ability to consult with Management and lead Subject Matter Experts.
- Ability to work independently with little oversight once the work is assigned.
- Use computers and software at a proficient level.
Credible is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.