People & Culture Business Partner
Qualifacts and Credible, two leading providers of Electronic Health Records (EHR) and related technology to behavioral health and human services agencies, merged in August 2020. The new entity combines and brings to market the decades of experience each company achieved individually, and is laser-focused on helping agency partners improve clinical outcomes, enhance operations, and create healthier communities. The company is offering, enhancing, and fully supporting both EHR platforms – CareLogic and Credible – while collaborating to build an even brighter future for partner agencies and their clients.
If you are interested in combining a mission driven position with a dynamic, results oriented culture, please apply today!
Responsibilities of the People & Culture Business Partner
- Learn the business and build effective relationships with assigned executive and direct leadership team through regular connection points such as 1:1 meeting, participation in business group staff meetings, and/or key business initiative meetings.
- Serve as the key consultant to assigned leaders on the people impacts of strategic and operations business plans. Provide day-to-day guidance to managers on team member related plans, scenarios and actions related to engagement, retention, inclusion, performance coaching, investigations, job design, leave management, legal compliance, and offboarding.
- Employ empathy, excellent discretion, and judgment while serving as a resource and support system to team members within assigned groups related to matters of employment, pay, benefits, leave requests and needs, team member conflicts, career pathing, and general questions and concerns.
- Lead and contribute to cross-functional P&C initiatives, serving in capacities of a best practice resource, project manager, researcher, and or facilitator. Partner with other business support teams such as Payroll, Finance, IT, Learning and Development, and Marketing to align in addressing business needs and ensuring strong communication and collaboration in delivery of services.
- Work independently and as a team on development and implementation of personnel policies, processes, and tools which support company culture while ensuring legal compliance with federal, state, and local employment, and benefits laws and/or regulations.
- Responsible for (components or entirety) of assigned P&C operational focus areas, becoming a subject matter expert and owner of associated processes and tasks. Some possible focus areas include, but are not limited to, benefits administration and compliance, wellness and engagement activities, immigration, state specific compliance, and performance/talent review processes.
- Develop and/or contribute, as well maintain, various reports, systems, data extracts, and presentations as needed for external compliance reporting (EEO, OSHA), internal, and external audit requests, HR organization needs, and assigned client group requests.
- Provide back-up and assistance as needed to members of the greater P&C and Office Services team covering areas including, but not limited to, general HR, HRIS management, compensation management, reporting and analytics, office administration and access, HR file management, wellness, and engagement events, etc.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities of the People & Culture Business Partner
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, independent judgement, and decision-making skills
- Good business and financial acumen / experience
- Excellent consulting skills and ability to influence decisions to a positive business outcome
- Solid knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations as it pertains to employment related matters.
- Highly effective communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal effectiveness
- Strong self-awareness and flexible team player
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Drive, initiative, and good work ethic combined with ability to negotiate commitments and set reasonable boundaries
- A mindset of excellence and quality, but with ability to balance this with realistic prioritization
- Strong ethics and adherence to the legal and ethical boundaries with ability to operate in gray or ambiguous scenarios
Qualifications of the People & Culture Business Partner
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in additional professional work experience.
- PHR or SHRM certification is strongly preferred
Prior Work Experiences for the People & Culture Business Partner
- 5 years of relevant HR experience, with a minimum of 3 years progressive professional level HR generalist or HRBP experience
- Experience in consulting with business units about workforce planning, talent assessments, and performance management
- Track record of developing highly effective leaders that build strong teams, lead with empathy, and unlock the capabilities of a global, diverse workforce
- Strong employee relations experience covering areas such as development, performance improvement, and investigations
- Experience in identifying key drivers of engagement, and building and implementing related improvement plans
- Demonstrated success in developing, leading, and implementing organization-wide HR and process improvement initiatives
- Experience administrating and managing leave, and accommodations related process (Disability, FMLA, Workers’ compensation)
- Experience working for a multi-state organization
- 6+ years HR experience and 4+ years in a HRBP focused generalist role.
- Prior experience working in the technology industry, preferably SaaS
- Diversity of experience across organizations of varying sizes (small vs. large) and stages (start-up/high growth to mature organizations)
- Total rewards administration experience (benefits compliance, leave management and compliance, wellness, compensation design and planning)
- Immigration programs, processes, and compliance experience
- Diversity and inclusion program development and implementation
- Experience with CA and multistate labor law compliance
Qualifacts+Credible is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.