Business Intelligence Analyst
Qualifacts and Credible, two leading providers of Electronic Health Records (EHR) and related technology to behavioral health and human services agencies, merged in August 2020. The new entity combines and brings to market the decades of experience each company achieved individually, and is laser-focused on helping agency partners improve clinical outcomes, enhance operations, and create healthier communities. The company is offering, enhancing, and fully supporting both EHR platforms – CareLogic and Credible – while collaborating to build an even brighter future for partner agencies and their clients.
If you are interested in combining a mission driven position with a dynamic, results oriented culture, please apply today!
Summary of the Business Intelligence Analyst
The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst is a mid-level role within the Business Intelligence job family, working closely with our business and technical teams under the Reporting & Analytics Services team to deliver BI and reporting solutions to our customers. This is a client facing role and is responsible to assist in Statement of Work creation, client discovery/intake sessions, reporting requirements design, reporting development, validation, and participation in client acceptance of the delivered solution. Working with leadership, they participate in the measurement of monthly practice actual revenue vs forecast.
The BI analyst can operate independently within the practice, supporting larger BI requests in complexity and scope, including client escalations. They can articulately and concisely explain the implications of complex data sets to customers. They regularly will be executing on parallel SOWs throughout the RPS professional services cycle and works closely with the practice BI lead and other BI peers to maintain established practice cycle times and mentoring junior members of the team.
Responsibilities of the Business Intelligence Analyst
- Participates in requirements capture sessions with clients and business stakeholders.
- Design necessary mock-ups and conduct iterative reviews with clients.
- Create, manage, and review with clients their reporting statements of work and change requests.
- Create and review analysis documentation with developers and report designers.
- Testing and validation of report functionality, including engaging clients for acceptance testing.
- Collaborate with both internal and external teams to facilitate seamless client and employee experiences.
- Foster a high-energy, client-centric operation based on accountability and engagement
- Additional duties as directed by leadership.
Qualifications of the Business Intelligence Analyst
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 1+ years of demonstrated experience working as a Business Analyst within Information Technology
- At least 1+ years’ experience in BI and Analytics best practices, assessments, business processes, in-depth data analysis, requirements gathering, data modeling, relational and multidimensional databases.
- 1+ years’ experience with BI tools including reporting and data visualization platforms
- Demonstrated experience working with internal and/or external stakeholders
- Experience working in a Professional Services environment and statement of work/contracts deliverables
- 2+ years demonstrated experience working as a Business Analyst within Information Technology, preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in BI and Analytics best practices, assessments, business processes, in-depth data analysis, requirements gathering, data modeling, relational and multidimensional databases, preferred
- 2+ years’ experience with BI tools including reporting and data visualization platforms including Birst, Tableau, Power BI, Yellowfin, Looker, or equivalent toolsets, preferred
- 2+ years BI experience with large dataset volume platforms, preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities of the Business Intelligence Analyst
- Demonstrated experience leveraging appropriate requirements elicitation techniques (e.g. JAD, Interview, Observation, etc.)
- Intermediate Database design structure and relation data concepts
- Strong proficiency in SQL query writing
- Knowledge of data warehouse design and usage
- Experience managing data validations and exception reporting
- Ability to work independently on multiple engagements, communicate and provide timely updates to Senior and Lead BI team members.
- Natural curiosity with a strong desire to learn, maintain, and apply knowledge of emerging BI&A tools, strategy, methodology, and general best practices, preferred
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms to effectively interface with peers and leads, preferred
- Experience with third party integrations, having the ability to translate vendor technical requirements, preferred
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational database storage management systems, including Big Data platforms, preferred
- Understanding of ETL and data extract techniques, preferred
Qualifacts+Credible is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.