Credible Behavioral Health Software is a leading Behavioral Health Enterprise Software company based in Rockville, MD and providing an Electronic Health Record (EHR) to the growing US Behavioral Health market. With several years of double-digit growth, Credible is expanding our team in our Rockville, MD office and nationally. Credible’s Mission is paramount and central to our success: Improving the quality of care and lives in behavioral health for clients, families and providers. If you are interested in combining a mission driven position with a fast paced, results oriented culture, please apply today.
qualified candidates with experience in Behavioral Health Care Medical Billing. This position is responsible for working collaboratively with partner agencies to submit claims, post payments & adjustments, rebills, EDI claim submissions, and auditing claims.
Join the Credible Team!
Overall Responsibility for the Billing Specialist:
- Work collaboratively with Partner Agencies to determine billing inconsistencies, workflow discrepancies, and develop work plan for correction.
- Work collaboratively with Partner Agencies to clean claims prior to batching.
- Prepares and submits claims to insurance companies and third party payers such as Medicare, Medicaid, MCOs across 23+ states.
- Process denied claims through working with insurance companies and Partner Agencies or resubmitting claims.
- Prepare client invoices and monthly statements as needed.
- Obtain and post payments through EOBs or 835 electronic files.
- Understand how to read and interpret EDI files.
- Consistently apply Credible’s Best Practice workflows for pre-billing, batching, and posting.
- Maintains confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Other Duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Previous medical billing experience along with knowledge of billing related reporting; 3 - 5 years’ experience in Behavioral health-care billing & collection practices.
- Experience working with medical payers such as Medicare, Medicaid, commercial insurances.
- Working knowledge of medical billing systems/softwares.
- Experience with Medicaid’s State Eligibility Systems (various states).
- Working knowledge of CPT and ICD-9/ICD-10 coding systems; Coding certification preferred.
- Requires 25-30% Travel for the role.
- BA/BS preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Credible is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.