Software Engineer Lead
Qualifacts is a leading provider of behavioral health, rehabilitative, and human services software and SaaS solutions for clinical productivity, compliance and state reporting, billing, and business intelligence. Its mission is to be an innovative and trusted technology and solutions partner, enabling exceptional outcomes for its customers and those they serve. Qualifacts’ comprehensive portfolio, including the CareLogic, Credible, and InSync platforms span and serve the entire behavioral health market supporting non-profit agencies and Certified Community Health Clinics (CCBHCs) as well as for-profit large enterprise and small business providers. Qualifacts has a loyal customer base, with more than 2,400 customers representing 75,000 providers serving more than 6 million patients.
If you want to work inside an atmosphere where innovation has purpose, and your ambition works to support our customers and those they serve, please apply today!
We’re open to remote candidates for this position!
Summary of the Software Engineer Manager
We are looking for a Software Engineer Manager to join one of our development teams. You will have the opportunity to work in healthcare software, an exciting and growing area. You will work with a variety of technologies and develop new features and capabilities for our healthcare software solutions. Successful candidates enjoy working in a collaborative environment, contributing to team decision-making, and building great software.
Responsibilities for the Software Engineer Manager
- Oversee day to day activities of a sprinting team, sprint planning and release milestone planning and performance management
- Works alongside other peers (PO, Scrum Master, IT, QA) to deliver high-quality bi-weekly sprint as well as scheduled releases on time
- Develop a high bar for software quality by establishing and ensuring implementation of best practices
- Work with Engineering leaders and actively drive the development life cycle from requirements analysis, feasibility estimates, design, code, pipeline promotion, documentation, testing, implementation, and support
- Ensure that team members embrace Qualifacts’ core values and culture and can quickly contribute to corporate goals
- Ensure clear and objective communication of sprint goals, responsibilities, and timelines between all stakeholders
- Work with Engineering leaders and ensure timely resolution of troubleshooting, debugging, and issue isolation to provide the best possible end user experience
- Ensure compliance with internal design, coding, and documentation standards
- Coach and mentor other team member throughout the sprint and release cycles
- Work with engineering leaders to monitor and measure established KPIs like team productivity, goals achievement and overall effectiveness
- Design efficient data organization and access including SQL queries
Qualifications of the Software Engineer Manager
- Bachelor's degree required (computer science, information systems, business administration or other industry-related curriculum)
- 2+ years’ experience leading a software development team in an Agile environment
- 5+ or more years as developer on end-user applications and back-end services
- 3+ or more years developing web applications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities of the Software Engineer Manager
- Frameworks: .NET Entity Framework, Angular (or equivalent frameworks)
- Databases: MS SQL, DynamoDB (or other NoSQL DB)
- Comprehensive understanding of On-Prem and Cloud-hosted, scalable SaaS systems
- Experience with serverless architectures (e.g., AWS Lambda, Event Bridge, API Gateway)
- Experience developing RESTful APIs (or equivalent)
- Experience with version control software (Azure DevOps, Git, GitHub)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Strong understanding of software design patterns and secure coding practices
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies and release process
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Client focused, Self-learner and problem solver
Qualifacts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.