Technical Integration Manager
Qualifacts and Credible, two leading providers of Electronic Health Records (EHR) and related technology to behavioral health and human services agencies, merged in August 2020. The new entity combines and brings to market the decades of experience each company achieved individually, and is laser-focused on helping agency partners improve clinical outcomes, enhance operations, and create healthier communities. The company is offering, enhancing, and fully supporting both EHR platforms – CareLogic and Credible – while collaborating to build an even brighter future for partner agencies and their clients.
If you are interested in combining a mission driven position with a dynamic, results oriented culture, please apply today!
Summary of the Technical Integration Manager
The Technical Integration Manager serves a technical leader and expert, answering questions and resolving issues brough forth by the integration team members. This position manages assigned integration activities within the department, such as design, development, production, and testing through project plans including budget managements, organize and track project plan documents, perform business analysis and scope preparation/writing; understand technical requirements and provide coding support; manage clients and vendors; assist in the development of training and materials for Implementation and Customer Service Departments; provide Sales/Marketing Department and Product Department support when promoting and selling integration services and confront and solve performance/operational issues to improve efficiencies.
Essential Job Responsibilities for the Technical Integration Manager
- Accountable for IT integration projects. An integration project is an undertaking of managing an IT project requiring the integration of CareLogic and/or Credible with another software tool. Accountability includes, evaluating and selecting appropriate software or hardware and suggest integration methods, creating detailed engineering plans, check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering staff, coordinating the plan to completion, and evaluating the success – on-time delivery, expense management, customer satisfaction, and so on – of the plan.
- Assist in the coding/configuration of integrations as well as assisting integration team members with solving technical problems when they arise
- Understanding technical integration technologies such as API operations and XML and JSON concepts, as well as other web and database technology so decisions can be made on project plan requirements.
- Executes the integration roadmap and decomposes into functional releases.
- Oversees the solution performance and behavior in partnering with the engineers, reviewing hardware degradation, networking problems, high usage of resources or slow responses
- Learning and understanding the CareLogic and Credible EHR functionality.
- Working with clients on fit gap analysis and other forms of business analysis
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers, suppliers, and contractors. Prepare and deliver various integration related presentations, both internally and externally.
- Monitor and determine various staffing and training needs. Hire, train, and supervise engineering staff members.
- Other duties as assigned or requested
Qualifications of the Technical Integration Manager
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field; experience in lieu of degree also accepted
- 6+ years of IT engineering experience, ideally in a management role
- Hands-on experience with software development and system administration
- Solid experience and firm understanding of API designs, working with RESTful, XML, JSON
- Solid experience in software development methodologies
- Skilled in developing scripts that support the transformation of data to and from various messaging definitions
- Skilled in ETL of large data sets with expertise in data-mapping, validation, and data cleansing techniques
- Experience with developing HL7 interfaces using Mirth (or other EHR Interoperability Technology)
- Experience working with EHR/EMR healthcare information systems and messaging
- Ability to perform network diagnostics and/or knowledge of networking protocols
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities of the Technical Integration Manager
- Analytical and mathematical skills, capable of evaluating and solving various complex engineering problems.
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on track
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience
Qualifacts+Credible is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.