Region Implementation Manager
Credible Behavioral Health Software is a leading Behavioral Health Enterprise Software company based in Rockville, MD and providing an Electronic Health Record (EHR) to the growing US Behavioral Health market. Recognized by Inc. as one of the 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America, Credible is expanding our Rockville, MD based team. For Credible, our Mission is paramount and central to our success: Improving the quality of care and lives in Behavioral Health for clients, families, providers, and management. If you are interested in combining a mission driven position with a fast paced, results oriented culture, please apply today.
Credible is looking for qualified candidates with experience in Electronic Health Record Implementation or project management. The Region Implementation Manager is responsible for working collaboratively with Credible Management, Partner Services Division, and Quality Assurance to oversee the successful management of the Credible Implementation Department.
Join the Credible Team!
Overall Responsibilities for the Region Implementation Manager:
- Carry an implementation project load of at least 1 software implementation with a Credible Partner at a time.
- Provide team leadership and demonstration of technical knowledge to support Partner Implementations by researching and answering questions; troubleshooting problems; optimizing
- Maintain an awareness of implementation timelines for assigned Partners and work closely with Implementation Managers, Configuration Analysts, Partner Relationship Managers, Billing,
Learning and Development, Consulting, Technology, Sales, and Partners to ensure that timelines are met and needs are addressed, and to provide the necessary guidance and management if projects are off track and off schedule.
- Monitor and respond to biweekly Partner implementation surveys addressing any issues or concerns raised by Partner. Use as a basis to gauge Partner satisfaction with the implementation process and team. Follow up with individual project team members on their performance, and work with individuals on improving their skills and performance.
- Accurately track and monitor performance against established standards and key performance indicators, addressing escalated issues and working with Management by taking recommendations
and suggestions to improve operations.
- Isolates problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found.
- Remains on-call during off-peak hours to respond to escalated Partner implementation issues.
- Manages Implementation Manger and Configuration Analyst staff including consultation on performance evaluations, promotions, hiring and disciplinary responsibilities.
- Assist Implementation Manger and Configuration Analyst staff with their professional
- Coordinates training requirements.
- Thorough time tracking.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive training program for new and existing Implementation staff.
- Regarded as a team player and leader by colleagues and model Credible’ s values and culture.
- Serve as a primary interface to Credible Partners when issues arise related to implementation.
- Provide outstanding Partner Service, including timely, concise and accurate responses, proactive Partner Issue management, while handling all Partner requests in a professional, positive, and
- Provide training and consultation, as needed, on functionality in the software.
- Works in consultation with Director of IM to establish, implement, and enforce efficient and effective processes, standards, procedures, and guidelines for the Implementation Department, as approved by Executive Management.
- Promote and exemplify Partner Centric thinking and actions.
- Adherence to Credible’ s “Top 3 Priorities” management focus for Implementation.
- Drive the successful implementation of Credible Management Systems, such as Green/Yellow/Red and Department/Employee supergraphics, to provide accurate and precise
measures of Partner Services’ performance and productivity.
- Exemplary support and knowledge of Credible for successful utilization and optimization for Credible’ s Partners.
- Remain a positive force and resource to motivate the Implementation Team on a consistent basis.
- Build positive and effective relations with other Credible Management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Initial Key Drivers for Region Implementation Manager:
- Learn and master Credible's Software including:
- Partner configuration.
- Data Dictionary interface.
- Clinical interface.
- Billing configuration and troubleshooting.
- Form Builder.
- Mobile module.
- Electronic Prescription, eMar and eLabs.
- Custom Query Builder.
- Credible Business Intelligence reports.
- Portal functionality including Client, Provider and TASK Ticket portals.
- Meaningful Use configurations and certifications.
- Security and reporting matrixes.
- Inpatient Module.
- Managed Care Module.
- Additional software functionality and services as they are developed.
- Provide Partner support via:
- Interaction with the Credible Development Team to escalate software errors/bugs and/or inefficiencies (verify, reproduce errors, document errors, track corrections).
- Complete regression testing prior to Credible’s releases and proactive communication of release features to Partners.
- Assist other departments in training, configuration, documentation creation or troubleshooting as needed and necessary.
- Manage internal/external partner satisfaction.
- Baseline assigned Partner base and determine outstanding issues and satisfaction levels.
- Follow new technology-enabled strategies and solutions to enhance the Partner experience.
- Keep informed of the latest industry developments.
- Seek continuous improvement and achievement of stated business results and Partner satisfaction.
- Other duties customarily associated with Implementation, as well as other duties as necessary.
Requirements for Region Implementation Manager:
- 10+ years of professional work experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 4+ years of team management experience required, preferably with a growing team.
- Project Management background preferred.
- Display willingness to make timely decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, support and explain reasoning for decisions, and include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Ability to recruit, train, mentor and supervise team members and establish initiatives to motivate and educate staff.
- Establish strong relationships both internally and externally to grow and develop additional communication channels.
Credible is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.