Information Security Engineer
Credible Behavioral Health Software is a leading Behavioral Health Enterprise Software company based in Rockville, MD and providing an Electronic Health Record (EHR) to the growing US Behavioral Health market. With several years of double-digit growth, Credible is expanding our team in our Rockville, MD office and nationally. Credible’s Mission is paramount and central to our success: Improving the quality of care and lives in behavioral health for clients, families and providers. If you are interested in combining a mission driven position with a fast paced, results oriented culture, please apply today.
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Identify and define system security requirements according to HIPAA security rule standards
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs based on the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Prepare and document security policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Respond to security incidents in a timely and urgent manner and communicate with the appropriate personnel to properly resolve security incidents
- Write comprehensive incident reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
Success Defined for the Information Security Engineer:
- Monitor and secure the environment by maintaining security policies, protecting system perimeter, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and securing highly sensitive ePHI data within the organization’s developed software product.
- Defines and develops key process and procedures, as well as takes action to achieve measurable outcomes (e.g., Disaster Recovery Plan and testing)
- Working in Partnership with Product, Partner Services, Billing, DAR and QA, and Development to ensure systemic approach to offerings.
- Adapt to and reinforce the Credible Way.
- Track, and ensure targeted completion of Department priorities and goals.
- Maintain policies and programs, as approved by Management and in line with Credible’s strategic direction, to support and enhance Credible’s Platform Operations.
- Work with the Platform Operations Team to understand, utilize, and follow Credible methodologies.
- Strive for continuous improvement by recommending changes to policies and or procedures to improve operational efficiency.
Initial Drivers for the role include the following:
- Working closely with department leadership to innovate and improve the quality of care for clients, families and our partners by being a key contributor in the security of our platform.
- Delivering quality work while operating as a team player while valuing Credible’s mission and culture.
- Provides assurances of stability to both internal and external Partners by showing improvement in KPI trends
- Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems. HIPAA regulated industries preferred.
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Experience with Citrix Netscaler load balancer and Cisco ASA firewall a plus
Credible is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.