VP Enterprise Quality Engineering
Qualifacts is a leading provider of behavioral health, rehabilitative, and human services software and SaaS solutions for clinical productivity, compliance and state reporting, billing, and business intelligence. Its mission is to be an innovative and trusted technology and solutions partner, enabling exceptional outcomes for its customers and those they serve. Qualifacts’ comprehensive portfolio, including the CareLogic, Credible, and InSync platforms span and serve the entire behavioral health market supporting non-profit agencies and Certified Community Health Clinics (CCBHCs) as well as for-profit large enterprise and small business providers. Qualifacts has a loyal customer base, with more than 2,400 customers representing 75,000 providers serving more than 6 million patients.
If you want to work inside an atmosphere where innovation has purpose, and your ambition works to support our customers and those they serve, please apply today!
We’re open to remote candidates for this position!
Summary of the VP, Enterprise Quality Engineering
Qualifacts is seeking a VP, Enterprise Quality Engineering to provide strategic and thought leadership for all software development activities related to Quality Engineering. The department head is a proven enterprise leader to ensure high performance and high availability products across multiple enterprise SaaS platforms, exceeding our customer's quality standards while seeding and championing best practices with an emphasis on shift left software engineering methodologies. This is a key leadership position with responsibilities spanning the full product development lifecycle.
The department head is responsible for all QE services to support both IT application, infrastructure, and security development workstreams. The leader will be responsible for defining and maintaining software quality and testing standards in delivering solutions to our customers, resource management, hiring and people development while establishing the vision and tone for the department. They will work closely with their QE leadership staff to define and drive engineering practices to deliver Quality at Speed to enable and maintain an automated release pipeline for the Engineering organization.
This role is expected to provide thought leadership on QE practices at scale and establishes standards for the development, documentation and implementation of test approaches and test artifacts to execute product roadmap deliverables using Agility and Lean thinking strategies.
Quality is the responsibility of every team member within the technology organization. It is the role of the VP of QE to align quality across the different groups, analyzing and defining the answers to questions such as:
- Are we leveraging best practices in Software Quality Engineering across the organization
- Do we appropriately capture user requirements with appropriate acceptance criteria
- Do our engineering scrum teams adhere to established Definition of Done
- Do we have the right balance between functional and user acceptance testing
- Do we implement feedback loops to learn and address quality escapes impacting our customers
Responsibilities for the VP, Enterprise Quality Engineering
- Provide department functional leadership and vision for Quality Engineering
- Provides management and oversight to staff and activities of the QE team, building out the department and executing to the Department Maturity roadmap
- Mentor and provide guidance to staff; develops direct reports and ensures staff have appropriate training, skill levels and expertise
- Responsible for hiring decisions and employee performance reviews
- Work with senior IT leadership to establish and improve efficiency and efficacy of all QE standards to ensure Software Quality and supporting the execution of both short- and long-term Product Roadmap deliverables
- Communicate up and down the organization on key Quality KPIs and progress towards key quality initiatives for the organization
- Make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicating goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote domain teams
- Oversees and execute the continuous improvement initiatives across the PDLC and SDLC aligned to Release Automation and Agile
- Develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives while being able to roll up your sleeves, digging in and getting the job done
- Drive and maintain the department Software Quality metrics to Topline Key Performance Indicators and Agile Quality indicators
- Evaluate current state quality engineering approach and outcomes
- Define and implement innovative methods to improve quality and velocity in an Agile development environment
- Work directly with the QE leadership and test architects in designing and maturing the overall Quality engineering organization
Qualifications of the VP, Enterprise Quality Engineering
- Technical/bachelor’s degree or higher in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related careers
- Deep software QE Experience in Web, Mobile and omni channel applications testing
- 10-12+ years of increasing leadership responsibilities with an IT organization, with at least 6-8 years specifically in Quality Engineering
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities of the VP, Enterprise Quality Engineering
- Demonstrable and proven experience with implementing test automation into software development pipelines and achieving high automated test coverage levels
- Strong software engineering experience combine with exposure as a Sales Engineer, Consultant or Business User or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience leading test engineering teams for large scale consumer products and services across server, web/SaaS, desktop, and mobile platforms
- Expert in Agile quality engineering approaches including continuous integration, automated unit testing, test driven development, and continuous code inspection workflows
- Inspiring leader with demonstrated ability to hire and develop talent, establish, and communicate clear expectations and goals, measure results and hold people accountable while being a great coach and mentor to staff
- Exceptional communication and able to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
Qualifacts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.