Senior AI Programmer
This an excellent opportunity to join Creative Assembly’s Total War AI team as a Senior AI programmer.
You will be working collaboratively with a diverse group of programmers, designers and QA technicians to create efficient and effective AI solutions. This position will to tackle the complex challenges presented in Total War’s real-time Battle simulation and so help deliver a challenging, immersive and fun gameplay experience to our players.
As a Senior AI Programmer you will be working in collaboration with coders, designers and QA, that are part of the AI and wider game and project teams, to develop behavioural elements of the Total War AI systems.
This includes supporting existing AI systems through incremental improvement, feature updates and debugging along with creating new AI systems in response to project requirements.
You will be expected to familiarise yourself with the sizeable codebase while contributing to the roadmap of future AI systems and helping to create and oversee the architecture of those systems as they are developed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Excellent C++ programming skillset including a knowledge of more recent language features
- Previous software development experience
- Interest in AI and games
- Strong academic background in a numeric discipline or prior development experience
- Ability to focus on work independently but also comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Being able to work well across teams and other disciplines
- Good communication skills
- Creative problem solving
- Experience developing AI or related systems in games, research or other settings
- Games industry development experience
- Broad gaming experience and a sense for good game design
- An appreciation of games, and Creative Assembly titles, is also an advantage
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.