R&D / Graphics Programmer - CA Sofia
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented programmer with a real passion for graphics to join our Research & Development team.
Working with our experienced and dedicated engine team, you will have the opportunity to leverage the latest rendering techniques to push forward the look and feel of our games, drive innovation and make a real contribution to the player experience.
In this role, you will communicate with the team and understand the user’s requirement of new features and tools. You will design and implement changes in your tools as well as maintain existing features. Working in a varied and challenging development environment, where communication is key to the success of this role, you will be expected to clearly and confidently communicate issues that may arise and offer solutions to resolve them.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Research and implement new graphics related technologies;
- Work on GPU/CPU optimizations and program modules of the game including design, implementation, debugging and documentation;
- Collaborate with the Art and Design teams in solving problems and implementing new features.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Experience with DirectX 11
- Experience in graphics programming
- Good problem-solving skills
- Multi-threaded / multi-core development experience
- Experience with Directx12, Vulkan or other rendering APIs
- A creative approach to object-oriented programming
- RTS game enthusiast or thorough appreciation of the Total War franchise
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from juniors to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently, we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each month. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up for the remote process.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Office massages*
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.