Live QA Lead – New Sci-fi FPS IP
This is a fantastic opportunity for a QA professional to be a part of the established team at Creative Assembly working on an exciting New IP at our studio in Horsham, based in heart of Sussex, England.
As a Live QA Lead you will be responsible for the operational QA delivery of a AAA title from concept through to live service. You will define and implement the test strategy to support and maintain all Live Services, by planning and estimating the QA effort required to support releases and updates.
To achieve this, you will manage a team of multiple QA Leads / Testers / Engineers in the Live Operations QA team; providing support, mentoring, suggesting potential growth, or learning opportunities to ensure continuous improvement, and championing a collaborative, inclusive team environment.
Your aim will be to improve overall knowledge of the project(s) over time, understanding the relationship being the client and server elements, along with third party plugins, systems etc, and passing knowledge to the wider QA team, being hands on where necessary, researching and identifying potential opportunities in tools, automation to enhance and improve test process.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Ensure that established QA practices are adhered to, informing the Live Ops Director, and QA Manager of any risks or blocking issues which need to be addressed or mitigated
- Identify and track project risks to resolution, escalating to Live Ops Director / QA Manager as needed
- Be responsible for updating and adding to departmental Confluence pages, to ensure that the team has easy access to all information required to complete required testing
- Develop and maintain good relationships with different teams, such as Live Services team, internal Dev QA Teams and Vendor QA alike, as well as Customer Service to ensure that key issues are identified quickly and guarantee their resolution
- Review all reported bugs are of consistent quality and contain all required information to ensure timely resolution.
- Experience operating at a Test Lead level
- Prior experience of supporting the live elements of a released title, on mobile or other platforms (at least 1 project pre- and post-launch)
- Prior experience as a line manager or supervisor of one or more QA Testers / Engineers
- Have a prior background or experience in testing of some or all the following technical areas: game design, art, graphics, data/analytics, performance, networking, security, platform compliance, agile testing
- Strong working knowledge of test tools and reporting, such as JIRA, TestRail, etc and have an understanding on how to use such tools to ensure comprehensive test coverage
- Extensive experience collaborating with offsite and/or outsource QA teams, ideally at a development studio
- Understanding / application of data analytics feel at home in a data driven environment / platform
- Prior Leading experience on a Live Service title
- Experience with BI reporting software, such as Microsoft Power BI, Grafana
- Prior experience with non-functional testing (such as performance, scalability, load testing, compatibility etc) to enhance functional test coverage
- Exposure to source control systems (such as Perforce, Git, SVN)
- Experience with animation or database related game tools
- Exposure to industry standard game engines such as Unreal, Unity
- Passion for First Person Shooters!
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.