This an excellent opportunity to join our growing team as an Audio Programmer on Creative Assembly’s Total War development team.
Based at our studio in the Horsham, West Sussex, you will be working as part of the Total War audio programming team which provides support across all our franchise projects. You will also collaborate and work alongside our dedicated team of sound designers and dialogue engineers. Supporting a varied number of games, tools and technologies, you will be an integral part of delivering the immersive audio experience our fans have come to expect from our games.
In the role of Audio Programmer, you will be working with the current Total War team. Using your excellent coding skills and expertise, you will be working and collaborating to improve our existing audio gameplay and craft new and compelling features for future Total War titles.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Implement new audio gameplay features using Audiokinetic Wwise
- Extend our in-house toolset and troubleshooting issues as they arise
- Create and maintaining tools for the sound team to use
- Assist with gameplay feature implementation and tools to help with the audio QA process
- Professional Audiokinetic Wwise experience
- Excellent C++ skills
- Ability to focus on work independently but also comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Ability to understand and work to deadlines in a development environment
- Passion and interest in making games
- Experience developing audio systems in games, research or other settings
- A familiarity with Total War games is a definite advantage
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.