Lead Technical Designer - New IP
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Tactical Shooter IP.
This is an opportunity to join the team as Lead Technical Designer and make your mark on our new undisclosed IP contributing to creation of a genre-defining game working with some of the industry’s top developers.This role will see the successful candidate working in a mixed discipline team, made up of world-class concept artists, character artists, designers, writers, animators and coders.
As a proven, highly capable Technical Designer, you will be leading, mentoring and supporting the Design team through creating script projects and templates, developing pipelines and creating tools. You will hold yourself to a high-quality mark in your work and ensure the team are adhering to your robust, clean script guidelines and will help in train designers in new features. You will also work closely with gameplay and tools coders to ensure smooth implementation of new features. You will bring your experience and expertise to the project and work with the development team to recognise and resolve problems as they arise.
As the Lead Technical Designer on the project, you will spend time with members of your team, understanding their motivations and career development goals through carrying out regular one to ones.
You will be working across the project disciplines, so you will be communicating clearly and effectively so that everyone works together; this will be critical to the success of this role.Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Extensive experience in a Technical Design role in game development environment, ideally one of which AAA
- Experience in leading and mentoring developers
- Excellent problem solver and able to clearly get to the root cause and work to resolve issues
- Experience of multiple scripting languages
- Ability to work cross-discipline and provide constructive and easy-to-understand feedback to any team member
- Solid knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English
- C/C++ programming skills
- Great attention to detail
- Experience of working in GaaS game development environment
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.