This role will support our progress in automating game testing across our range of titles including DLC for existing releases and new projects in development.
You will report to the project leads to reflect progress in automating testing, alongside working with other development teams to produce new tools as well as improving existing ones.
As an Automation Engineer, your responsibilities will include producing automation scripts and programs to cover game testing. This will allow testers within QA to increase testing coverage. You will also be required to monitor current script reliability and fix any outstanding bugs and problems.
You will be responsible for reporting in game bugs discovered by regularly run scripts. You will be working with our internal tools teams to produce improvements to existing programs including build procedures and production of other tools used by our teams.
You will be gathering feedback from the various QA project teams on how they utilize the scripts and identify areas where improvements or new scripts can be made. You will also review test plans and coverage to identify where improvements can be made.
You will spend time working with game development teams to improve in game features in order to increase automation capabilities and coverage.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proficient in Lua scripting/programming or similar languages
- Game testing automation experience
- QA experience with a key interest in testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relay important information in the most suited format
- Proficient time management and organisational skills, able to handle multiple tasks and meet set deadlines and priorities
- Ability to follow set process and a pragmatic approach when investigating issues
- Ability to effectively prioritise issues and new work and processes
- Microsoft Office and Windows knowledge
- Power Bi, Jira and Perforce experience
- C#, C++ and Python scripting experience
- Working with AAA games and in the gaming industry
- Software Development pipeline and process experience
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.