Senior QA Technician - Platform
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior QA Technician to join our Total War QA team based at our studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
As a Senior QA Technician, you will be responsible for finding and entering issues into the project database. With a focus on Platform integration you will work closely with our talented development team to help ensure the quality of titles within the award-winning Total War series.
We are looking for someone who can work independently with an excellent eye for detail and can apply a methodical approach to tasks and problem solving to find and accurately log defects.The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in QA in a development environment, with an understanding of development processes.
The primary functions of the role are to find, grade and report defects completely and concisely and aid in the reproduction and further investigation of issues as required. You will be communicating key defects, feedback and testing requirements to stakeholders in both QA and the rest of the development team. As a Senior QA Technician, you will be given a degree of autonomy to generate work and achieve objectives.
You will be responsible for recording test results and task progress daily, including completion info status, in the requested formats as well as verification and regression of defects that have been fixed. You will be expected to acquire in depth knowledge of core features for titles in development and use in house tools to improve bug quality and accuracy.
You will work alongside the QA and development teams to support the integration of various Platforms with the Total War catalogue; you will aim towards releasing the highest overall quality products possible by the given deadlines. Achieved primarily by logging and communicating clear and concise defects with the correct classification.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Previous QA Experience working in Games Development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relay important information in the most suited format
- Proficient time management and organisational skills, able to handle multiple tasks and meet set deadlines and priorities
- Process oriented and a methodical mindset when investigating issues
- Ability to self-manage and generate tasks to drive the process and testing of an area
- Wide ranging experience playing a variety of PC video games, Real-Time Strategy genre of games is a bonus
- A passion for video games and a desire to be part of the creative process involved in developing video games
- Experience testing across a variety of PC Platforms (Steam, EPIC, etc.)
- Experience using audio middleware software (FMOD, Wwise, etc.)
- Knowledge of the development process and the various disciplines involved
- Experience using Jira, DevSuite and Perforce
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with animation or database related game tools
- Experience playing titles from the Total War back catalogue
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.