Social Media Manager – New Sci-fi FPS IP
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Shooter IP.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Social Media Manager to join our talented Brand team at our studio in Horsham, based in heart of Sussex, England.
The successful candidate will be a social media butterfly with in-depth knowledge of all major platforms, analytics, reporting tools and social strategy, and above all else – a great communicator.
You’ll know what to tweet and when, how to grab the audience’s attention in seconds and keep them gripped with engaging content. And you can spot potential for a meme a mile away.
This is your chance to help shape the social channels for an exciting new entry in the world of FPS.
As the Social Media Manager, you will have a great understanding of how each platform works, relevant content formats and how to best work the algorithms in our favour. You will have one eye on the platforms of the future and what our competitors are up to.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Be responsible for the planning, production, and day-to-day management of the social media content plan, with experience running engaging community-led channels across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (+ more). You may also be required to write and create website content and blog entries from time to time.
- Work with the Global Content Manager and wider brand team to help develop, evolve, and implement that strategy, aligning social media with the brand pillars and project goals.
- Use a range of social media tools and analytics to gain insight and understanding into how our content performs and what our audience thinks, and then use that knowledge to shape future content production. Creating regular reports to present back to the wider brand team.
- Be a brilliant copywriter and digital native, creating social media content to achieve both reach and engagement. Never missing an opportunity to get in on a conversation or react to the latest trending topic. And you’ll love listening to and getting involved with the community.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Significant experience running social media channels in gaming, media or entertainment
- Experience planning, creating and managing content and campaigns across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, including use of Facebook Business Manager and Twitter Media Studio
- Experience with geo-targeting and content localisation
- Deep understanding of the key platform algorithms
- Knowledge and understanding of social video formats
- Skilled with Adobe Photoshop
- Basic video editing skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Up to date on the latest social media platform trends
- Experience creating social content for a video games audience and community
- Experience working with social media influencers
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Experience running a YouTube or Twitch channel
- Experience creating content / managing channels on TikTok and Snapchat
- Comfortable in front of camera
- A passion and interest in the first-person shooter (FPS) genre on PC and console
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.