We have an excellent opportunity for a passionate Technical Writer to join our Total War team based at our well-established studio in the heart of Sussex in the UK.
As Technical Writer, you will be responsible for owning and developing user facing documentation for the tools and pipelines associated with the internal engine used to make the Total War series of games. This is an opportunity to work as part of our core technology group and pull together the documentation for our internal content creators and external modders.
As a technical writer working in our core technology group, you will take ownership of our documentation. This is a chance to own and craft the complete documentation for our internal technology. Specify how documents should look and build templates to communicate use of our in-house technology.
You will be expected to:
- Meet with our users to understand their requirements
- Work with our developers to understand our tools and pipelines
- Develop and maintain documentation guidelines, templates, and standards
- Review and edit existing and future developer written documentation
- Work with core technology project management to set up processes, gather feedback and iterate to ensure documentation is at the highest standards
- Remain up to date with key technological development within the games industry.
- Experience developing user facing documentation for content creation tools (Adobe Photoshop, 3DSMax etc)
- Exceptional English language skills
- Excellent developer communication skills
- Highly organised, self-motivated, and driven
- Able to develop and communicate a vision for how documentation for a project should be written and maintained.
- Experience working with the technology used to create games
- Experience in the game industry
- Experience working in the software as a service environment
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.