Build Tools Engineer - New IP
We have an excellent opportunity for a Build Tools Engineer to join our talented team on our new FPS IP at our studio in Horsham, based in heart of Sussex, England.
As part of the Build Tools team, you will be responsible for developing backend infrastructure for the build pipeline and maintaining the continuous integration and testing systems. You will be crucial in enabling the development team to work without blockages and as efficiently as possible and deliver sold tools to facilitate rapid and stable developments. You will be open, friendly, and approachable with the ability to collaborate and communicate with developers across the team from all disciplines.
In this new and varied role ad Build Tools Engineer, you will be responsible for developing backend infrastructure for the build pipeline and maintaining the continuous integration and testing systems. You will be crucial in enabling the development team to work without blockages and as efficiently as possible and deliver sold tools to facilitate rapid and stable developments.
Typical tasks you will be carrying out will vary from extensions to Unreal Engine code (C++), scripts to support CI and all related systems (C#, Python, batch files), dashboard UIs (C#/web development), through to working with store APIs (e.g. Steamworks) to manage builds.
In this role, you will liaise with the Build Tools and Engineering teams to formulate plans and infrastructure to help with the fast and effective delivery of tools to the wider team. You will also be responsible for creating and managing work processes that improve build robustness and helping to foster an environment of responsible development.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A solid technical foundation - e.g. Computer Science / Maths degree or equivalent
- Solid C++ skills
- Experience in higher-level programming languages – e.g. C# or Python
- Approachable, friendly, and confident in decision making with excellent communication skills
- Good working knowledge of version control software – e.g. Perforce or Git
- Administering CI systems such as Jenkins or Teamcity
- Experience using UE4
- Experience with Database systems such as SQL, Elastic Search or MongoDB
- Familiarity with any of the following languages: Java, Batch, PowerShell
- Experience with post launch title support
- Console development experience
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.