Dialogue Audio Engineer
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Dialogue Audio Engineer to join our multi-award winning Total War team at our game development studio in Horsham, based in the heart of Sussex, England.
Reporting to the Lead Dialogue Engineer, the Dialogue Audio Engineers’ primary role is to create AAA calibre dialogue production on assigned projects. Using our in-house, high spec, audio facilities the right candidate will be working with our team of audio engineers, technicians and programmers to deliver a stellar audio experience for Total War titles developed at the studio.
It would be advantageous to have prior experience working with game audio and specifically middleware for implementation and mixing. Priority will be given to applicants with this experience.
Please apply for this role with a CV, Cover Letter and Showreel showing any relevant dialogue work you have done. Applications without a showreel will not be considered.
As part of our wider and experienced dialogue engineering team, you will work with a wide range of developers to deliver a AAA dialogue experience in line with the styling and feedback set out by the Audio Director.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Take ownership of the scoping, production and delivery of Dialogue for both individual characters and group assets on assigned projects
- Cast and audition actors, directing the performance in line with a brief, recording and editing the final content and then mixing dialogue in-game using Wwise or other 3rd party tools and also to commercial standards for in-game and cut-scene linear usage
- Liaise with our internal quality assurance team and Development Managers to ensure dialogue testing is adequately covered
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Carry out voice design work using plug ins and specific recording techniques for non-humanoid characters
- Work with script writers and designers to ensure a rich dialogue experience which is both varied and believable
- Look to continually evaluate and improve the dialogue experience and design by keeping abreast of current successful titles and trends in dialogue production and implementation
- Extensive experience as an in-house game or post-production audio engineer commercially recording dialogue
- Proven experience directing actors and crowd sessions
- Advanced dialogue recording and editorial skills
- Ability to record, track-lay and mix dialogue to picture to commercial standards
- ProTools 10 or above experience to advanced level
- Proficient Waves Plugins, Izotope RX
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Able to review work of others and present detailed and constructive feedback
- Able to multi-task projects, plan and schedule dialogue production efforts while remaining quality focused and adhering to deadlines
- Able to work as a team player and under own initiative
- A keen interest in and a passion for audio in video games
- HND in Sound Engineering (or above)
- Experienced with the Wwise audio engine
- Experience working on shipped AAA titles
- Experience with creature voice design work or sound design experience
- Proficient with Wavelab
- Knowledge and familiarity of Total War brand
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.