Creative Assembly are looking for talented Technical Artists who are keen to make their mark on the Total War Franchise. This role is based at our Studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
As a Technical Artist, you will be pushing the quality and efficiency of art in our games. Joining the core technology team, you will work with other technical artists, with the graphics and tools teams, and with game teams to further the technology on which multiple titles are built.
As a Technical Artist, you must be able to manage time effectively, be a versatile problem solver and have the expertise to inspire and mentor others to excellence.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Provide technical support to artists across multiple projects while pushing pipeline and technology development in the core technology team.
- Improve and optimise the art workflows and processes in general, as well as introduce new practises across multiple game teams.
- Create, maintain, and review workflows, tools, and pipelines, and form innovative and creative solutions to improve quality and efficiency of art content, and improve the working lives of the artists.
- Liaise with programming teams and bridge communications between project teams, departments and between multiple game teams at CA.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Relevant programming or scripting experience in languages such as Python/C++/C#
- Understanding of 3D math (linear algebra, vector and matrix maths)
- Knowledge of art creation pipelines
- Houdini/procedural generation experience
- Substance Designer / Painter experience
- Have experience as an artist in the games industry
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.