Dialogue Sound Designer
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Sound Designer to join the Dialogue team on our multi-award winning Total War franchise at our game development studio in Horsham, based in the heart of Sussex, England.
Reporting to the Lead Dialogue Engineer and working alongside Senior Dialogue Engineers, the Dialogue Sound Designer’s primary role is to create a AAA calibre dialogue experience on assigned projects. Using our in-house, high spec, audio facilities the right candidate will be working with our team of audio engineers, technicians, and programmers to deliver a stellar audio experience for Total War titles developed at the studio.
It is essential that you have prior experience working with game audio and specifically middleware for implementation and mixing.
As part of our wider and experienced dialogue engineering team, you will work with a wide range of developers to deliver a AAA dialogue experience in line with the styling and feedback set out by the Audio Director.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Take ownership of tagging animations with recorded vocalization assets, provided by the Senior Dialogue Engineer, this will include some editorial and entity set up
- Be involved in authoring group assets then implementing them in Wwise, working to improve our dialogue systems
- Carrying out voice design work on certain characters, mixing dialogue in-game using Wwise or other 3rd party tools and to commercial standards for in-game and cut-scene linear usage
- Ensure a rich dialogue experience which is both varied and believable with emphasis on quality and commercial standards
- Liaise with our internal quality assurance team and Development Managers to ensure dialogue testing is adequately covered
- Be involved with overall technical dialogue system design
- You may mentor more junior members of the team
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Extensive experience with Wwise audio middleware
- Proven experience directing actors and crowd sessions
- A keen interest and desire to work in dialogue for Total War
- Ability to record, track-lay and mix dialogue to picture to commercial standards
- ProTools 10 or above experience to advanced level
- Proficient Waves Plugins, Izotope RX, Morph, Reformer, Dehumaniser Extensive experience as a sound designer, ideally with voice design Experience as an in-house game or post-production audio engineer commercially recording dialogue
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Able to review work of others and present detailed and constructive feedback
- Able to multi-task projects, plan and schedule dialogue production efforts while remaining quality focused and adhering to deadlines
- Able to work as a team player and under own initiative
- HND in Sound Engineering (or above)
- Advanced dialogue recording and editorial skills
- Experienced with the Wwise audio engine
- Experience working on shipped AAA titles
- Experience with creature voice design work or sound design experience Proficient with Wavelab
- Knowledge and familiarity of Total War brand
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.