Senior Product Manager – Mobile
Creative Assembly are looking for a Senior Product Manager who can lead, manage and expand our mobile platform strategy across all areas of our portfolio. This role will be based at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
A new role for the studio, working across internal and external project teams, responsible for identifying partners and opportunities that will drive mobile product potential across our franchises, working to make them a reality. As a senior, commercially strategic role, this position has a significant bottom-line responsibility for a key area of CA’s business.
At CA, all current mobile development projects are handled externally in partnership with developers and publishers around the world. This role will own overall responsibility for managing that portfolio and developing it further by leveraging opportunities around our IP and roadmap, to create high-quality mobile products and deliver incredible experiences for players.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be involved in the following:
- Provide senior-level leadership for all CA mobile platform projects, directing the studio-wide strategy for current and potential products
- Own commercial business development responsibly for our mobile portfolio, working closely with SEGA’s Business Development and Legal teams, alongside the studio’s senior leadership team
- Identify project opportunities and partners proactively and respond reactively to interest expressed in our portfolio. Involving analysing design and proposal documentation, helping to negotiate and feedback on contracts and contributing to our stakeholder approval process
- Work in partnership with our in-house development and brand product teams to manage stakeholder involvement, design, and production collaboration. To ensure we are maximising opportunities across our wider portfolio campaigns
- During production, work closely with the assigned internal design and production leads to help determine the project MVP, key milestones, KPIs and ongoing feedback
- Work alongside project teams in defining live operations plans, understand post-launch roadmaps and being abreast of player feedback and ongoing event plans
- Maintaining a firm and impressive understanding of the mobile market with demonstrable knowledge of successful models, game mechanics and how they are applied to different global markets, in particular China and Southeast Asia.
- Senior-level experience with product, marketing, licensing, business development or similarly related strategic commercial role
- Significant mobile market, publishing and product experience; understanding of relevant metrics, monetisation and service games, with experience of the Chinese and Asia markets in particular
- General games industry, entertainment or applicable FMCG market familiarity
- Previous strategic vision ownership and key partner relationship management
- Knowledgeable of platform holder and territory technical requirements for mobile formats and markets
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to create clear and concise pitches, reports and presentations
- Interest or applicable experience in mobile game design, business and economic models
- Direct game development experience, on mobile projects or generally
- A passion for games with an understanding of Creative Assembly’s current portfolio.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.